Licorice Caused Hair Loss For Me (natural Ingredients Aren't Always Beneficial)

LicoriceSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people saying Licorice is good for hair loss.
My experience is that is caused a MASSIVE amount of hairloss OVERNIGHT (span of 1 day) that stopped immediately when I stopped consuming Licorice.

I took some concentrated Licorice (100% licorice, no other ingredients I may have reacted to)
The Licorice I took can easily be found online and it's the most concentrated and most pure:

Jj74ke8.jpg

Less than 8 hours after taking Licorice (I took it shortly before bed) I woke up with more hair on my white pillowcase than I see in a week's worth of showering, combing and styling my hair.

Licorice may be healthy for some people, but in others it can induce
Hypermineralocorticoidism (High Cortisol)

Licorice does not cause High Cortisol in everyone, but there is no way of knowing how you will react without trying the product. If you're already experiencing hair loss (as I was) I would NOT recommend starting with Licorice.

"Stewart et al.4 have proposed that licorice acts by inhibiting Cortisol oxidase, a component of the widely distributed 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase system that converts Cortisol to cortisone, producing a state of apparent mineralocorticoid excess similar to that in children with 11/3-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiency Licorice, by inhibiting 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in aldosterone-responsive tissues such as the kidney, where it is found in high concentrations,7 , 8 produces high renal levels of cortisol, which then binds to and activates mineralocorticoid receptors."

Minoxidil or Copper peptides are better studies for hair loss and probably cause negative reactions in less people.

Beware. Not everyone reacts to everything the same way. I read many positive reports of Licorice online before buying it, so I was kind of hoping I'd notice some benefit. Even if I didn't see a benefit, I still love how licorice tastes, but the taste is not worth going bald over. This is just my n=1 experience, but I did not see many negative experiences of Licorice online so I am posting this.