LFC's Story

LFC

Reaction score
Hello from the UK, Liverpool to be exact. I'm 24 as of yesterday and i've been suffering with thinning hair for about 5 years now. My dad is bald and my older brother is very very thin on top so it doesn't look good for me. I suit a spiky style and i'm trying to keep this with a combination of Dermmatch and Toppik (although i'm having application problems with Dermmatch).

It's been very depressing seeing myself lose my hair, sometimes under the lights it stops me in my tracks as i realise how thin it is now, makes me wanna shave it off and be done with it sometimes. I would just do that but i've tried it before and it doesn't suit me at all.

Anyways, this seems like a good forum so just saying hi! :D :hairy:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
welcome! have ya thought about treatments?

propecia? nizoral ? minoxidil?

peter crouch scoring machine! amazing!

LFC

Reaction score
Hiya mate, aye Crouchy's a legend :D

I've thought about them yeah, still doing a bit of research about what's gonna work best. Gonna get some Finesteride ordered up first i think, then look at probably Nicorazil as a lot of people seen to like it

LFC

Reaction score
Been a while since i've been on here, thought i'd give an update.

The Toppik and Dermatch combo is really good.... except if youve got a girlfriend who likes playin with your hair! She's been questioning what the black stuff on her fingers is :(

I've had some Propecia for a few monthd but i've been scared to try it because of the side effects - i already have erection problems due to a blood flow problem in the area and was concerned that Propecia will just add to the problem. However my baldness is really getting to me now so i think i'm going to take the plunge with Propecia. I know about the shedding being a good thing but it's made me very nervous as some people seem to shed and shed without proper regrowth.

For a first time user, what shampoo should i consider using? I currently use John Freida Thickening shampoo but was thinkin if Minoxdil or Nicorizil would be worth adding, not sure which to go for or where in the UK to get it from. :(

bolshy

Reaction score
Just one thing to say LFC...

der der der der....Andy Johnson...der der der der...Andy Johnson

:lol:

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate you can get nizoral in any boots store (you can also get nizorelle which has the active ingredient kentoconazole at 1% rather than nizoral's 2%), you can also get minoxidil there, it's called regaine... I'm not sure, but going by your post, you seem to think minoxidil is a shampoo, it's not it's a 'lotion' you apply directly to your scalp! Nizoral is a shampoo though.

If your hair bothers you it's a good idea to get on propecia, regaine and nizoral/nizorelle though!

One question. With the dermatch and toppik, can you wear your hair spiky with it and it still look natural? How do you do this? I've never tried either before but that would interest me if its possible!

LFC

Reaction score
Hi mate, i've started on Propecia this week. I've ordered some of the Dr Lee minoxidil and shampoo too after reading a few good things, just hoping they work!

Regarding the Toppik and Dermatch, it can look a bit suspicious in right lights but my thinning is mainly on the crown. It's not so much patches i have but rapidly thinning hair.there is some on the anterior part of my head but i find that spiking it slight forwards looks ok. It's only when my gf touches it that she gets a bit of powder on her hands... and sometimes questions it :( Being 6'4 is quite handy though as not many people see the top of my head with the Toppik etc on :D

LFC

Reaction score
Just bumping this thread as i'm after a bit more advice - i'm wondering if my problem is related to something else - as well as thinning hair, i also have erectile dysfunction (not great when combined with Propecia!) and also an excess sweating problem (even though i'm quite a fit lad), could any of these 2 factors be contributing to my thinning? Cheers

G

LFC said:
Just bumping this thread as i'm after a bit more advice - i'm wondering if my problem is related to something else - as well as thinning hair, i also have erectile dysfunction (not great when combined with Propecia!) and also an excess sweating problem (even though i'm quite a fit lad), could any of these 2 factors be contributing to my thinning? Cheers

Nope. They have nothing to do with it. You just inherited bad genes like most of us.