lewismmmm's story

lewismmmm

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some help and tips on what I could do for my type of Hairloss, and wether you think it looks like its gonna get worse and if im thinning or not, give me all your opinions and help is well and truley appreciated and it may even help someone else who views my story.

Basically Im 18, have noticed my Hairline started to shape out like this when I was 14/15. All my Friends had there young full heads of hair with a Straight Hairline and I was always the odd one out, my Mum always says that its not a problem and im not loosing my hair, but hey, whos mum doesnt want their kid thinking about hairloss at the age of 14/15. My dad is completely bald, and most of his brothers are too, apart from one. My grandad on my dads side still has partially a head of hair, better than my dads at least. Dont really know about my Mums dad because we have never met him.

I have some pictures below of my current state so please let me know what you think

Current Regimen:

Rogain Foam Twice A Day
Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo

I really want to make a solid regimen that will suit my type of Hairloss and I want to stop my hairloss at were it is now, and hopefully regrow hair back in the temple area. My confidence in pretty much anything I do lacks alot just because of my appearance, Hair has always been a big part of myself and without It I dont think I could be showing myself, I am one person who cant live to deal with it, which is why I need some help from you guys!

[attachment=2:3k5idu3j]Top View.jpg[/attachment:3k5idu3j]
[attachment=0:3k5idu3j]Front View.jpg[/attachment:3k5idu3j]
[attachment=1:3k5idu3j]Left View Hairline.jpg[/attachment:3k5idu3j]
[attachment=3:3k5idu3j]Right View Hairline.jpg[/attachment:3k5idu3j]

Attachments

• Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Left View Hairline.jpg
    Left View Hairline.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 180

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 18. Receeding Hairline, need advice and help so I fight it!

myistate rum or cb-03-01 would help with your hairline. you could add finasteride in the future

lewismmmm

Reaction score

israelite said:
myistate rum or cb-03-01 would help with your hairline. you could add finasteride in the future
you couldn't give me an insight of what these two things do could you? and if there are any side effects. Ill look into them as soon as I can aswell.

Have you ever used these two products yourself?

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

both are topical antiandrogen, cb-03-01 im currently using w/ great results. myistate rum i will havein aprox 2 weeks

lewismmmm

Reaction score

israelite said:
both are topical antiandrogen, cb-03-01 im currently using w/ great results. myistate rum i will havein aprox 2 weeks

any side effects you experienced from the cb-03-01? and also do you have any websites or links I can purchase these items from?

mires

Reaction score
Re: 18. Receeding Hairline, need advice, help and experience!

You didn't mention for how long you have been taking Rogaine, you should get good results and regrowth in your temples with just Rogaine because you are so young and your male pattern baldness is still in its early stages. As a matter of fact, that is pretty much what MY hairline looked like when I was 18 :). My hairloss kicked into high gear when I was ~23 years old, up until that point my hairline didn't really move and I didn't experience any thinning in the crown or the top of my scalp.

So unless you have been using minoxidil 5% twice a day for at least a year already, I would just continue with Minoxidil and maybe add Nizoral 2% shampoo. You should see some nice amount of regrowth in a few months with those two. An antiandrogen such as Finasteride will most likely be needed later on but you might not want to mess with that yet due to your age.

tl;dr, stick with minoxidil until your hair loss becomes more aggressive.

Biotin and MSM can make your hair grow faster and stronger (especially if you are deficient in them) but they will not do squat against male pattern baldness.

lewismmmm

Reaction score

So I didnt, sorry for that I should have Mentioned, I started Rogain about Two weeks ago, I havn't had any previous treatments so this is my first. So your suggesting to stick with my Rogain for now and maybe add Nizoral 2%, until it seems to become more agressive? Ill give this a go deffinately!

So if your Hairline seemed pretty similar to mine, at this present day today, how does your hairline look? Have you still good a good head of hair or have the male pattern baldness outpowered your treatment? It would be nice to know seeing as we may have similar hair loss patterns so I could predict a future with my own Hair Loss.

Thankyou for the response!

mires

Reaction score

I used Rogaine for the first time after having suffered hair loss for 5 years or so and I did get very good regrowth in my temple areas. At that point my temples were still the only problem areas, really. But then my male pattern baldness got more aggressive and I started slacking of with the minoxidil and I couldn't afford using it twice a day anyway. So after that I quickly went from a NW2 to a NW4.5, in just 2 years. On the other hand, minoxidil alone (I wasn't using finasteride or nizoral or anything else) wasn't enough anymore to combat my hair loss so I would have lost the hair anyway even if I hadn't been applying minoxidil like only two or three times per week.

Right now, 10 years after my hair loss began, the situation ain't pretty. In retrospect I should have started eating finasteride when I was ~22. Most would agree that starting finasteride when your body hasn't fully "matured" yet (in your teens) is a bad idea. Just remember that I can only give you advice based on my own experience with male pattern baldness, your path with this annoying condition might and probably will be completely different.

I am now doing everything I can to get my hair back but I know I most likely started way too late. *IF* I am lucky I might get back to a NW3 or even NW2.5 after 2 years or so. I will be 29 in just one month.

Here's a link to my "story": viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69492

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Israelite, you mention you are having great results from CB-03-01. Im curious how you can say that when you are in fact using PRopecia? I would think that much of your results are from Propecia alone. Also, care to provide before/after pics or at least your current pics?

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
timallen45 said:
Hello everyone,
Israelite, you mention you are having great results from CB-03-01. Im curious how you can say that when you are in fact using PRopecia? I would think that much of your results are from Propecia alone. Also, care to provide before/after pics or at least your current pics?

bro i have many pictures posted

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys,
Israelite-Where can I find these pics?
finasteride-I believe GK is on 17AP, not CB...please correct me if Im wrong?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
No he is on 17AP cream...I have messaged him several times in the last few weeks about it.