Levocetirizine 5mg/day halted my hair loss

XerxesCZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!

I want to share with you a method that works for me, it only stops the hairloss and there isn't much of a regrowth, atleast for me. I've been using Levocetirizine antihistamine drug for one year and it halted my hair loss, you can find various people on internet forums experimenting with topical Cetorizine with different results. My approach was different, i used Levocetirizine 5mg/day only orally and it definitely had an affect on my scalp first few months, nowadays it has stabilized, my hair is slightly better than it was when i first started, nothing exceptional, but it stopped the hair loss with no futher receding. I still have sligtly thin hair, but i don't care, because i don't care about hair too much anymore. I just came back later to let people know that this works, also there is one study done by Chinese dermatologist who had tested the effects of levocetirizine on human follicules and he also found that Levocetirizine is very solid drug for combating hair loss.

Some side effects, few of them are present only first couple of months and i don't feel them anymore - dryness in mouth, tiredness, bruxism, muscle twitches

Otherwise i am very happy with it and i will surely keep using this drug. You can try use minoxidil along with it, but i am too lazy to try it as i don't care about hair anymore, but i want to help others who struggle with their psyché from hair loss problems, so that's why i registered on this forum and shared my experience with this drug, also i never used finasteride, so i don't know if the effects are same, but it stopped the hair loss. Maybe in the future i will post some pictures, but i am not interested in trying to convice anyone, i shared my experience in what has worked for me and it's up to you if you try to use this cheap, serious side effects free drug to combat hair loss with it :)

Feel free to share your thoughs

Last edited:

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A quick google and it seems to be a PGD2 inhibitor and activates the AKT pathway..

How aggressive would you describe your hair loss prior to starting Levoceterizine

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
30mg a day of cetrizine (zyrtec) is actually a mainstay treatment of inflammatory hairloss conditions like lichen planopilaris, so if your hairloss seems to have an inflammatory component (itching, redness, flakes, etc), it might help
Are you on these? I seem to have chronic Telogen Effluvium.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus lol now I don’t know what to think
that essentially said that 1.4% of people (primarily women over 60) experienced hair loss during a 2 year duration on cetrizine. Not exactly statistically significant. If you placebo'd people over 60 for 2 years I'm sure 1.4% would experience hair loss as well. And considering it was primarily women at that age that reported hair loss, menopause may have been the culprit more than an allergy med

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that essentially said that 1.4% of people (primarily women over 60) experienced hair loss during a 2 year duration on cetrizine. Not exactly statistically significant. If you placebo'd people over 60 for 2 years I'm sure 1.4% would experience hair loss as well. And considering it was primarily women at that age that reported hair loss, menopause may have been the culprit more than an allergy med
Would recommend this drug or Zyrtec? Or do you think it’s basically same sh*t?

XerxesCZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
A quick google and it seems to be a PGD2 inhibitor and activates the AKT pathway..

How aggressive would you describe your hair loss prior to starting Levoceterizine
I never had great hair to begin with i had NW2-3 hairline at 14 years old, but my hairloss started in my late teens, early 20's (slightly noticeable), then one year it was crazy, went almost from NW3 to NW3A, but i halted it with levocetirizine and stayed NW3 with some regrowth, maybe i could get back to thick NW3 if i would use minoxidil and dermarolling along with it. Nowadays my hair look healthy, they're maybe slighty thinner (some are gone), but i no longer have kinky hairs which have light color. So i suspect i stopped miniaturization and maybe restored few miniaturized hair :)

XerxesCZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
30mg a day of cetrizine (zyrtec) is actually a mainstay treatment of inflammatory hairloss conditions like lichen planopilaris, so if your hairloss seems to have an inflammatory component (itching, redness, flakes, etc), it might help
No itching, no redness, no flakes, scalp was just very much tight.. i used to massage it, it didn't help much, because you would need to massage it 24/7 then levocetirizine stopped this tightness in scalp, i suspect PGD2 for causing this

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As you mentioned Ceterizine has been used in the past, why choose Levoceterizine over Ceterizine?

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is really interesting, thank you for sharing. I will read more about it and how it works now... I personally like some stuff from eDrugStore.com a lot too, and I think that you will be able to find something interesting to you there as well. Have a look there and good luck!

Last edited: