Let's Dream A Big Breakthrough Happens Very Soon.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Let's assume Dr. Wesley reports in early 2017 that his Pilofocus treatment achieves 100% quality donor regeneration. Let's assume it hits the market by Fall 2017. I figure that if we're willing to deplete our donor areas twice (harvest ALL of it, have it regenerate, and then harvest it ALL again) that will allow almost all of us to get a satisfactory amount of hair. The process of transplanting an entire donor area into your recipient area twice shouldn't take more than 6 months, if it works.

How would your life change?

Last edited:

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" yeah why not.

No crime in just assuming something.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's assume Dr. Wesley reports in early 2017 that his Pilofocus treatment achieves 100% quality donor regeneration. Let's assume it hits the market by Fall 2017. I figure that if we are willing to deplete our donor areas twice (harvest ALL of it, have it regenerate, and then harvest it ALL again) that will allow almost all of us to get a reasonably satisfactory head of hair. This process of transplanting two entire donor areas into your recipient area twice shouldn't take more than 6 months, if it works.

How would your life change?

I like hope. Hope is something worth living for. Dreaming and hope go hand in hand.

We have hope in science and dream everyday about the Cure.

We should be realists, too. It's not coming in the next 10 years, or 15.

I'm in college now, I study economics. I tried to analyze the hair loss treatment market.
It's the cloudiest, most reckless, absolutely inhuman market that exists. I still wonder how 90% of 'hair loss treatments', of any kind, are still on the shelves of doctors and pharmacists because they ALL are borderline illegal because they practically are frauds.

This is one of the consequences of our own behavior.

Yes: it's us baldies fault if this market is a deep abyss of scams and delusion. We are what economics call 'inelastic demand'. We are so desperate we are totally indifferent to prices. We are eager to spend a sh*t ton of money of treatments, and our demand does not change if prices go up. For any kind of firm, this is an opportunity to extract from every one of us the maximum sum of money we are eager to pay for anything related to hair loss. This is why both finasteride and hair transplants cost SO MUCH. That's because they know we are desperate, and set prices in order to maximize profit.

We baldites have no bargaining power and our psychological condition is well known. They know we are going to buy and try everything that comes out at any price. This curbs innovation, competition, anything that is good in capitalism crumbles in the hair loss market. Firms (even well known, high brand recognition like L'Orèal) create scam products at high prices and profit massively from us.

We have to change. We baldites have to stop buying ANYTHING that is not the Big 3 or a top-tier hair transplant.
Only then firms will change approach: when their operative income goes down as our elasticity increases and our value drivers go up.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Because I would have spent the last 2 years completely bald and much more miserable.

And from what you've said you aren't totally happy with your hair transplant.

I could have gotten an unsatisfying hair transplant like you did. I'll wait up to 3 years longer for Tsuji's treatment. Or some other breakthrough may come sooner. Your friends who told you to wait for Pilofocus may have been right, or they may have been wrong. We'll find out soon when Dr. Wesley reports his results.

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like hope. Hope is something worth living for. Dreaming and hope go hand in hand.

I'm in college now, I study economics. I tried to analyze the hair loss treatment market.
It's the cloudiest, most reckless, absolutely inhuman market that exists. I still wonder how 90% of 'hair loss treatments', of any kind, are still on the shelves of doctors and pharmacists because they ALL are borderline illegal because they practically are frauds.

Yes: it's us baldies fault if this market is a deep abyss of scams and delusion. We are what economics call 'inelastic demand'. We are so desperate we are totally indifferent to prices. We are eager to spend a sh*t ton of money of treatments, and our demand does not change if prices go up. For any kind of firm, this is an opportunity to extract from every one of us the maximum sum of money we are eager to pay for anything related to hair loss. This is why both finasteride and hair transplants cost SO MUCH. That's because they know we are desperate, and set prices in order to maximize profit.

We baldites have no bargaining power and our psychological condition is well known. They know we are going to buy and try everything that comes out at any price. This curbs innovation, competition, anything that is good in capitalism crumbles in the hair loss market. Firms (even well known, high brand recognition like L'Orèal) create scam products at high prices and profit massively from us.

We have to change. We baldites have to stop buying ANYTHING that is not the Big 3 or a top-tier hair transplant.
Only then firms will change approach: when their operative income goes down as our elasticity increases and our value drivers go up.

Wonderful post.

The answer is to create some medically proven baldness "cure", with no science whatsoever backing it. The actual product will instantly destroy any remaining hair cells, wiping snake-oil buyers out of the market, and saving them years of bullshit to get to the same outcome.

Win-win.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
If this works, I'll still benefit from it, I have a good donor area.

I'm not completely happy with my hair transplant and it was expected, it's just a band-aid.

But you need to take into account that this band-aid makes it much, much more to wait for the next hair loss breakthrough.

I guess it will be even easier if my second hair transplant is a success.

I see myself being able to live the next years of my life to the fullest, and that would not have been possible sporting a grandpa horseshoe.

To me, the new treatments coming out these next few years (hopefully!) will just be a bonus.

I know it's not the case for you, but I'm very satisfied with my life right now, yes, even with 4500 hairs on top of a NW6.

I don't know if your standard transplant might complicate things for Pilofocus. Good luck to you if Pilofocus works for donor regeneration. We should know soon since Dr. Wesley is doing phase 3 studies right now.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score

I like reading your posts. They are well structured and make a lot of sense.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Just wondering how people will feel if and when you get your hair back if it starts greying really badly? Would you care? Just wondering because we are (understandably) fixated on getting our hair back but hair can start to transform into old man hair in your late 20s and certainly late 30s. Not trying to be a downer just curious if people will be satisfied with NW1 that's greying and texture is changing....

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how people will feel if and when you get your hair back if it starts greying really badly? Would you care? Just wondering because we are (understandably) fixated on getting our hair back but hair can start to transform into old man hair in your late 20s and certainly late 30s. Not trying to be a downer just curious if people will be satisfied with NW1 that's greying and texture is changing....

gray hair > no hair

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I'm tired of dreaming and hoping.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

They make this stuff called hair dye

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Which is why I mentioned texture, "old man hair," etc. Dyes aren't going to address that.

Also "just dye it", is only a few rungs below "just shave it" in terms of oversimplification and unhelpfulness. Covering greys and looking anywhere near natural is not an easy task.

Last edited: