Letac's Story - (28)

Letac

Reaction score
Hi guys,

It`s been a while since I last posted here. I have now been treating my hair for the last year or so, and hopefully it`s getting better. I do still get sheds though, and this is not the easiest thing to handle. I am still considering a treatment for my hair. Especially filling in the crown/adding density. When you look at my picture, do you think that this is a good idea? I have had some improvments since the first pics I posted, but I would really like to have some more...:/

Here`s how I see it: I know that I`m still young; turning 29 soon, and I know that one should not base any hair transplant treatments on treatments that might come the next years, but it`s now that I want a good head of hair most. In my opinion I`ll bet a lot on that someone will "cure" baldness within the next years, if they havent already done it; Dr Gho`s procedure in multiplying hairs. With that in mind I`m thinking of a smaller fue in the center of the head; crown and to the front. I talked to an doctor and he said that it was possible with about 3-500 grafts, but not more, and that this would add to the density. What do you guys think? I have pretty much made up my mind. If I loose more hairs, hopefully I can manage to multiply donorhair and add them to the scalp in a later procedure, but first of I want a good head of hair now.

Though, I could really need some good advice here! :/ Hopefully anyone can give me some... I would really really appreciate it!!!! :)

I told the doctor that I wanted to call back next week with an idea of whether I wanted to go through with it or not... It`s one of two clinics that give this treatment in Norway. And the are expanding. I have seen a lot of good pics from other pasients so I acctualy do trust them.

Also look at my donor area in previous posts.

Attachments

• DSC_04865.jpg
    DSC_04865.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_04874.jpg
    DSC_04874.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC_04865.jpg
    DSC_04865.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 143

Letac

Reaction score
No one?

Here`s what I`m thinking, and you might call it a gamble, but I want to do something about this while I`m still young.

I`m pretty sure that I`ll go for a small fue transplant in the crown area. The doctor said that he could put in about 300-600 grafts maximum. Something that I think will be a good solution for me.

After reading, and I know it`s early to draw any conclusions concerning Hair Multiplication etc, but the small info from one of the patients involved with Aderans (on baldtruthtaIk) I cant understand that there will be a "cure" availble within the next years. I dont know which one of Aderans, Histogen and Replicel that will be the best, but one of them will make it. That I`m sure of. My guess is that they have already made it, but need to go through all the steps due to the approval. With this in mind I think that when my hair will need another treatment there will be a "cure" availble. Say in 2-5 years. There will be a cure that can help all the NWS out there within these years. I`m positive of this.

So thats why I pretty much have made up my mind, but I would really appreciate some kind of advice about this? Though one can never be to sure. I have arranged to give the doctor a call tomorrow, so please feel free to leave a comment. Also concerning the donor area.

Thank you very much if you do!

Kind regards.

Letac

Reaction score
Ok, since no one is bothering to answer even though they are reading?:) I have decided to go through with a treatment at the Hasci clinic and Dr. Gho. By doing that I`ll hopefully manage to keep a full head of hair until some of the treatments from Replicel, Aderans or Histogen arrives (I`m certain that this will happen within the next years in one way or the other - meaning that they are likely to give back between 20-50 percent of ones hair). If not, I`ll just have to shave of my hair until it does, but hopefully with a treatment I`ll have hair for the next 2-4 years. Also adding Propecia, Rogain and Fungoral to my treatment. I had some minor problem with inflamtation in my scalp (Derm. exeme?), but I`ll hopefully manage it to keep it at a minimum.

Wish me luck!:) Hopefully within 6-12 months I`ll have thicker hair again..... That would be so nice, I cant even start to describe how much I want it! :/ Hopefully all the cures will turn out for the best of us all! Have a good 2012 - hopefully it will be a good year for all of us!

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
chill relax and wait for replicel in march 2012, then make a decision.

This is the holy grail of hair loss ; ) , we all waiting :S. :punk:

Reaction score
Hey Letac, Am not an expert on this so afraid I can't give you advice. When is your hair transplant scheduled for? Fingers crossed finasteride will help you keep the existing hair, so maybe you won't even need the miracle cure :) Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Letac

Reaction score
Hi, and thanks for the reply!:)

Sorry, have been away for a while. My hair transplant is scheduled for middle of july, but hopefully I`ll get in before.

The last couple of months I have been taking some vitamins supplements. D-vitamin, E-vitamin and some other called Kollagen + half a dose of Propecia. Now there`s a lot, and I mean A LOT, of small white hairs sprouting in my temples. I dont know if this is just white hairs sprounting in or acctually something that can develope to black hairs again.

I have had some problems with my diet and seborrectic exema, and taking action to this, but could I acctually get regrowth using vitamins and such? Meaning that the oxygen in the scalp increases and therefore the hairs are coming out again? Meaning that It might be able to breath again? Maybe it`s just in my head:p

I know that, for example children that theire first hairs recieve white hair first, then after a while they grow longer, thicker etc due to the development... Not comparing me with a small child, but thinking of the growth cycle that hair that has been away for a while have to go through?

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems like the hair are growing a bit longer, but they are still white.

Maybe it`s just me going crazy:)

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
So you're only going for 300-600 grafts in the crown area? Or in the front as well? Either way, isn't that a bit too low to make much of a difference?

Letac

Reaction score
I`ll do as much as I can. Hopefully I`ll be able to have around 1000 in the crown and to the front, and about 1000 in the hairline. This what my thoughts are, but I dont know yet what the doctors think. They have said (we had a consultation per mail since it`s a long journey from where I live and to Holland) that they can treat it and give me a good result, but e have to see how many grafts we acctually need.

My biggest wish is to have a bit thicker hair again...