Less Type 2 DHT means more Type 1 DHT?

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried Flax Seed lignans and my face and chest got really really oily (increase in DHT?). Now I'm 3 month into Dutasteride and my face, chest and scalp is getting more oily too. Not as much as the lignans though, but it is there. It causes irritation all over my head.

Since I'm taking Dutasteride every other day, so I'm hardly inhibiting Type 1 DHT, could Type 1 increase because Type 2 is almost all inhibited?

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
Or could it be the increase in Testosterone is making my face, chest and scalp more oily?

Any comments?

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
More than 13000 users and not one person cares to comments..That's pathectic :roll:

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
NO type 1 doesn't increase

Already found my answer (Bryan):

1) Imperato-McGinley (the researcher who did the early testing on the pseudohermaphrodites in the Dominican Republic) tested finasteride users, and found no change in sebum production before-and-after using the drug.

2) Kligman found in an early study that giving as much as 300 mg of methyl testosterone every day to healthy male subjects had no effect on their sebum production.

3) It seems very unlikely to me that the DHT in sebum ever makes its way back into hair follicles, anyway, so I can't believe that increased sebum (even if it DID occur) would have any real effect on hair follicles.

Thanks.

powersam

Reaction score
you know i actually think i have never seen this question asked. honestly.