lentara's Story

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Here goes:
I am a 30 year old who has been fighting hair thinning for approx 6 years.
I have used minoxidil 2%, then went up to 5%. Am now on minoxidil 5%, oral spironolactone, and using nizoral.
I live in Missouri and have an 8 year old son. My father is bald and my older brothers are all thinning.
Emotions go between- screw it, oh god why is this happening, and, of course, occasional hope.
I am, at this point, considering transplants.
Michelle

bluebird

Reaction score
When did you see the first signs, and what were they? I'm at a point where others claim not to notice my thinning, but I know that won't last based on what I see. I'm looking to find out as much as I can about others' experiences....

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Bluebird.
I first noticed at around age 24. I didn't really notice anything unusual at first but my sister-in law saw the top of my head and mentioned it was thinning. *That* got my attention. I just figured it was getting a little thinner due to having had a baby. But around age 26 I finally had to face that it was much thinner that it had been in my "youth". Other family members (mom, etc) had begun to notice.
I know that's kind of a vague answer. But, at first, it's really more of a feeling. you know your hair is thinning but you can't really say for sure how you know. It can be a very gradual process.
My advice is to do something now if you feel you're thinning. Don't wait. The longer you wait the worse it could get.
I hope this helps.