Length Of Shave For Fue? Recovery Time?

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am trying to strategically align the time I buzz my head with the time I will go in for my FUE procedure. I have long thick hair and am only getting hairline and temple work done but I wanted to get a buzz cut early so people aren't shocked when I get back to the US with a buzzed head. I was going to buzz my head the 28th of next month for my procedure on the 1st the following month. The only people I am really concerned seeing this are my girlfriend and family. Family won't really care but the time I'm taking off lines up with the time my girlfriend will spend at a new job. I know a lot of people say to tell loved ones you're doing it but I don't want to do that for a lot of reasons.

My reasoning for this is I have 2 months of paid leave so I am taking all of it. I wanted to buzz my head to a 1 guard and then have it cut again at the clinic for the procedure. If I took 10-14 days off from seeing anyone I know, how well would I be able to pull it off as though nothing happened? Based on searches I know healing is different but I have tan skin and heal well. What's the consensus? Any advice? I was looking at using haircycle products as well.

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also meant to ask, what is the most common guard length used on the clippers that they use to trim your hair prior to FUE? I heard it was a 0 guard.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on it being zero guard. If you are taking two months off it'll grow back significantly before you go back to work.

Mine is at the beginning of February and I'm taking 3 weeks off after it. Hoping it'll grow back to atleast a decent length before lol. I also am able to wear a hat at work and do night shifts for a bit when I return in case it still looks very obvious.