LEIMO laser comb???

stepbehind

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Since hearing how well the laser comb has been for thickening up hair, I thought that maybe I'd look into buying one. Looking on e-bay, I searched for "laser comb" and came up with the Hairmax version, and a version called Leimo. Has anyone heard anything about this type of laser comb? It certainly is cheaper than the Hairmax version, but having never heard of it before I don't want to shell out 200$ for something that won't work...like I did with those Procerin bastards.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
stepbehind said:
Hey everyone,

Since hearing how well the laser comb has been for thickening up hair, I thought that maybe I'd look into buying one. Looking on e-bay, I searched for "laser comb" and came up with the Hairmax version, and a version called Leimo. Has anyone heard anything about this type of laser comb? It certainly is cheaper than the Hairmax version, but having never heard of it before I don't want to shell out 200$ for something that won't work...like I did with those Procerin bastards.

The LEIMO is a cheap Korean knockoff of the HairMax, according to the HairMax folks. I know their testimonials/pictures and verbage was stolen from the Reviogen website. This has been proven on another website.

There are several people who own and use the HairMax LaserComb who post here. Do a search on lasercomb or laser comb on this sites forums and you will get a lot of hits.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If a product is in any way successful, you of course can expect to see competitive models. Since I'm a user of the LC I'll make a comment. Apparently the Leimo uses LED diodes instead of an actual laser for treatment. I found out about the Leimo within the last month just by doing a web search for other products that use laser in hair treatment.

Greg

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Greg1 said:
If a product is in any way successful, you of course can expect to see competitive models. Since I'm a user of the LC I'll make a comment. Apparently the Leimo uses LED diodes instead of an actual laser for treatment. I found out about the Leimo within the last month just by doing a web search for other products that use laser in hair treatment.

Greg

Greg,

Would you please measure the length of the teeth on your LC for me. I want to know what distance the laser beam is from the scalp.

Thanks in advance.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
d_umberly, the length of the comb teeth is 9/16". Hope that helps you out:)

Greg

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Greg1 said:
d_umberly, the length of the comb teeth is 9/16". Hope that helps you out:)

Greg

Greg,

That helps a lot. My distance was measured to be 15/16" so I have adjusted it to 9/16" reducing it by 3/8" this has shortend the beam length to 1-1/4" from 2". Perhaps it will make a difference. It will now take 3 passes instead of 2 to get complete coverage on the top.

Thank you very much :lol:

G

d_umberly said:
Greg,

That helps a lot. My distance was measured to be 15/16" so I have adjusted it to 9/16" reducing it by 3/8" this has shortend the beam length to 1-1/4" from 2". Perhaps it will make a difference. It will now take 3 passes instead of 2 to get complete coverage on the top.

Phase II trials!! :lol: LOL!

Ty

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
d_umberly said:
Greg,

Phase II trials!! :lol: LOL!

Ty

Pure science here, trial and error or should I say pseudo science... :lol:

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
whether its a laser comb or leimo or generic, they dont hav enough power.

the laser combs usually have 9, or just 1 (reflected with mirror 9 times) 650 nm, 5mv laser diode. these cost $3 each for the same ones used in clinical laser hoods like the sunetics.

for $200 u can either buy 60 -70 laser diodes and make one that will actually work, or put it towards a helmet with 100 diodes.

lasercombs r pointless, but if u use the same diodes for all over coverage, it can work.

for example something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hair-re-Growth-H ... 4aaa860460

lasercombs will have very little effect, because their isnt enough coverage.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
lol it was just an example, theres heaps of them out there.

as long as the diods are 650nm 5nw, it will be ok.