Legitimate Excuse or No?

Reaction score
I noticed on the message boards for the Nisim hair system that the main reason they can't get their product FDA approved and certified as a legitimate hair loss treatment is because of the giant amounts of money required to pay for the testing to be done. The moderator insists that only big companies like Merck and Pfizer can afford this process. When I was on the system I always found that statement fishy, but saw how there might be some truth to it.

Is there in fact any truth to that statement with Nisim, or any of the other non-FDA approved hair loss products? Basically, is it a legitimate excuse or not?

Thanks!

Petchsky

Reaction score
I believe it is expensive for companies to get approved.... not a 100% though

Reaction score
So as a moderator and operator of this site, do you consider that a valid excuse for companies that say their products work but just don't have the money to put up for the testing? Or do you think Nisim is more concerned with reaping a profit than being validated by the FDA? I rank their product a little above garbage like Procerin since they've actually made an attempt at scientific research.

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if they can't get FDA approval, you'd hope they could link to some studies showing their product works. For example, Ketoconazole (Nizoral) isn't FDA approved for hair loss, but there is still evidence that it works. I can see that FDA approval would be expensive, but there needs to be some sort of proof.

G

MillerEvolution said:
So as a moderator and operator of this site

Cassin is not an operator of this site, he is just a simple fisherman trying to provide for his family, by moonlighting on HairLossTalk.com.

oni

Reaction score
tynanW how many can you fit in your gut before they burst and turn you into a homosexual sasquatch :hairy: and have you got room for some dutas in there but only if you use the condoms without spermicidal lubricants as that stuff smells like crap lol!

G

oni said:
tynanW how many can you fit in your gut before they burst and turn you into a homosexual sasquatch :hairy: and have you got room for some dutas in there but only if you use the condoms without spermicidal lubricants as that stuff smells like crap lol!

600-700 generic finasteride 5mg + 150-200 generic dutasteride.

Cassin

Reaction score
MillerEvolution said:
I noticed on the message boards for the Nisim ...

Number one problem is right there. I would never trust a websites message board for any legit info. Have a look at the laser comb website. Users there get the posts deleted if they say something negative.

ginner said:
Even if they can't get FDA approval, you'd hope they could link to some studies showing their product works. For example, Ketoconazole (Nizoral) isn't FDA approved for hair loss, but there is still evidence that it works. I can see that FDA approval would be expensive, but there needs to be some sort of proof.

ginner put it best MillerEvolution. While FDA approval cost a mountainload of cash, they could still attempt to back it up with cash.

They just can't make a blanket statement like "We can't afford FDA aproval, but just trust us."

MillerEvolution said:
I rank their product a little above garbage like Procerin since they've actually made an attempt at scientific research.

Procerin is as bad as it gets right now. But soon enough some company will replace it as number 1.

But in the end. I haven't seen any convincing info for me to consider NISM a useful product.

read this link when you get a chance

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article213.htm

Reaction score
So in your opinion, the tests they performed and boast about aren't in-depth enough to make you see them as legitimate hair loss treatments?

http://www.nisim.com/html/clinicalStudy.htm

Just curious. And to be fair, the moderators on the message boards for Nisim don't delete negative posts. There are a fair amount of people that flame the boards that have or have not tried the product. After being naive for awhile, I've learned not to trust the boards for a particular product, but since Nisim's boards actually allow criticism, I thought it was more worth a look.

The only reason I like this topic aside from the fact that I used it before switching to my current regimen, is that it addresses the issue regarding Saw Palmetto's usefulness as a topical application. As far as I know, and please correct me if I have this messed up, Saw Palmetto taken internally is useless (aka Procerin), but it's effects topically are still open to question. Since that is one of the prime ingredients in Nisim's products, I think it's important to decide if they're on to something or if they're just another scam.

Thoughts?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If swa palmetto is the "prime" active ingredient in Nism, then it's simply a crap shoot whether the product does any good whatsoever. As far as I know there is not a single study that shows that saw palmetto appliced topically does any good whatever in fighting hair loss.

Why would you use a completely unproven product when there are proven ones, as well as others with somewhere from a decent amount of science to at least some science behind them? How many products can one person use? The first category includes Nizoral, minoxidil and finasteride. The second category includes Revivogen, Folligen and Tricomin, fluridil (less than Revivogen and cu but more than Nism), spironolactone and probably others that I'm forgetting to mention. I don't mind being experimental, and I'm always interested in hearing about new products with good research behind them, but experimental isn't the same thing as throwing our critical faculties out the window.

Cassin

Reaction score
Topical SP is complete garbage. Their is no proof it does anything locally. One of my products uses it as an add-on and I consider it worthless. They just do it to please the masses sicne so many hairloss product users think it is worthwhile. I don't blame them unless the really market that aspect of the given product.