Legit 5% Minoxidil Solution Without Pg ?

cocojambo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, is anyone using a 5% minoxidil solution w/o PG that really works? Where do you get it from?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe Murray apothecary can make it without PG. I am sure others can as well.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo Hairhat, I think if you can tolerate it then you can look at 10 years at least.

Personally i don't think you need it but if you want to do it for maintenance don't take a full dose, cut a 1mg pill into quarters it has been shown to be equally effective. It will thicken up your existing follicles. Then if it becomes less effective after a number of years you have somewhere else to go by increasing the dose. Millions of men take this drug without side effects so you probably wont either but you have to commit to long term use as 6 months could be the earliest you will see results

As for the future who knows? I've been on these forums a very long time and seen a lot of promising treatments fail to make it to the market for various reasons but i do think there is much cause for optimism. We have never had it so good with the sheer quantity of new treatments in the pipeline at least one of them should prove effective! I would really like Brotzu to be released so i can get another transplant and be confident of maintenance at least. 2-5 years we should see some game changing treatments.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not use the foam? I just switched from the liquid as the liquid was seriously shredding my scalp with the inflammation it was causing...probably contributed to the terrible shed I got from the Minoxidil. The foam dries fast and is not irritating.

I am like you, I have brand name Propecia in my drawer. I would start of with the .25mg daily however I am worried that if I ever stop it will cause a sensitization of the follicles to androgens, from anecdotes of people's hair getting worse. I am not too worried about sexual side effects...have had low testosterone since I was like 16 so really do not get morning erections anyway though my body has dealt with the low T well or the gyno as I can just take Raloxifene to block the breast estrogen receptors. I just don't want the finasteride to f*** me over...if this wasn't a risk I would take it.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
The likelyhood of experiencing sides at .25mg dosage is minimal. I'm sort of with you as far as furthering sensitization caused by discontinuing treatment. Scientists however, say that hair quality would just gradually revert to the point it was intended to be prior to finasteride.

The conversion rate of Testosterone + 5a reductase to Dht is genetically predetermined. Losing finasteride as regime would only unprotect hairs susceptible to Dht.
[/QUOTE]

I feel like with Finasteride if you use a lower dose like .25mg, the androgen receptor increase may not be as much even though the levels of DHT decrease by similar amounts. Why this is, I am not sure. I also do not know how significant a receptor increase is. It probably depends on length of time being on the drug. If you wean yourself off you can always use a receptor blocker while slowly decreasing the dose as not to cause major issues. This is my only concern about using it...not side effects.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats wrong with PG?

For me it causes severe dandruff, itching and inflammation...the liquid Minoxidil has been killing my scalp. I just switched to the foam. When I used it 10yrs I didn't have such issues...

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Used foam or liquid for 10yrs? Did you start with the liquid and it was fine for 10yearts, and after 1ys you got issues with it?

10yrs ago*

I used the Walgreens brand 10yrs ago and just got a little itchiness. I used the Rogaine brand for the past month and it is unbearable. The foam is better.

cocojambo

Established Member
Reaction score
10yrs ago*

I used the Walgreens brand 10yrs ago and just got a little itchiness. I used the Rogaine brand for the past month and it is unbearable. The foam is better.

Same for me, horrible flakes and itchy scalp from the liquid with PG, tried foam but I started losing hair on it weirdly.

Do you actually use it? I tried it for a couple of months and stopped because I was losing some of the hair that I gained while on generic min with PG, I didn't stick to it as I was afraid of losing all my progress.