legal for 21 year olds at underage alcohol parties?

CCS

Reaction score
I'm over 20. Lots of people age 18-23 where I live. Also alcohol parties here. Some are at people's places and cost $5 to get into, and others are around the pool. Just wondering, if I go to the pool and chat with the women there, and there is beer around, and the cops show up and discover some of them are under 21, can I get in trouble? Do they have to prove that the people over 21 supplied it individually, or can they do group assumption? I don't drink.

The Gardener

Reaction score
It depends on the mood of the police officer, but yes, its possible to get in trouble.

There was an over 21 guy at a party I went to back in high school, I think an older brother of one of my schoolmates, and he got popped for contributing to the deliquency of a minor. And, he wasn't serving us or even interacting with us, and he didn't buy us any of the beer.

Not sure if anything came of it in the court system, I would imagine stuff like that would get pleaded down to an infractionary charge of some sort, or even potentially dropped. Now that I think about it, he may have lived in the house, been the older bro of the guy holding the party... because he lived there, the police may have taken the tack that he was "hosting" a drinking party of minors.