left temple update.

G

diffuse shedding seems to have stopped right after 3 month mark on finasteride. I am somewhere between 9-11 weeks on minoxidil, I decided to take some pics to show progress of my temples. Keep in mind i have only applied minoxidil on the temples 1x a day. I think it has slightly improved. I have a darkening of fuzz and more fuzz to work with. Also i notice some stronger hairs growing all over the area. And on top of that there is a ton of blonde baby hairs that can't really be seen by the photos because it is a crappy camera phone. I took the update pics in direct sunlight. It was 95 degrees out today. But the lighting helps to see better. I'll be adding more pics of differnt angles soon. But for now, Check out the update, tell me what you think.

http://photos.yahoo.com/vdy1985

Becks

Reaction score
I see a difference between pircture 2 - 3. Your left side has improved.
Are you thinning online on the sides...I mean under the temples ?
I receeded there too but hairline still looks ok...just tghe hair on the sides are gone...I think the next step will be the temples then :(

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Badass: It may just be me but I can see a huge difference between your baseline photos and the recent ones you just took. In your baseline photos it appears that your left temple had receeded back almost 2 inches. In the recent one it looks more like a mature hairline temple recession which really isn't that bad. Looks great man, hope your success continues.

G

Thanks for the responses. I have added new pictures to my yahoo photo albumns. All of them are current so they are month 3 pics. The only baseline pic i have is of my left temple. Kramer, my left temple has definately improved, no doubt. The hairs are still weak but are stronger than before. They should get stronger in the coming months. I am impressed with how well it responded to 1x a day minoxidil and its only been around 10 weeks(not sure when i started). I seriously think my hair has improved at least slightly since i started treatment. I will continue to update pics in the coming months. I'm glad it caught my hairloss early. I still have slightly thinner hair up top especially around the back area. Keep in mind the pics are crappy quality because they are from a camera phone.

Update: all angles pics

HairyN

Established Member
Reaction score
hey badass....any signs of any effects at all from propecia? slight loss of libido...gyno, etc.?

thanks

G

The only side effect I experieced is watery semen, but it has subsided just recently. My erections still are 100%. I'm a diffuser, and after 3 months on finasteride i've finally stopped shedding, or at least slowed down significantly. Oh, and on my last post i meant to add all angles, including my crown and hairline but I forgot to share those albums. Now its all good. Its very hard to judge because of the crappy camera. At my worst, I remember being able to seee my scalp in the sunlight when it was dry. Now when its dry it looks fine. When wet the crown looks a little thin and the left side of the hairline is slightly see through. My goal is to maintain what i have for several more years to come. I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys might have.

This time i remembered to add the other albums.

G

jason566 said:
badass..your hair looked fine fromt the start take a look at my hair if u want bad hair examples..
u using anything else other than minoxidil?
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/element676 there my link..hair is receded worse now i think pics from feb ..

Actually I am a diffuse thinner, but at this point i my hair looks better than baseline due to over 3 months of finasteride. I have been on minoxidil for approx. 10weeks give or take a week. BTW, I only apply minoxidil 5% once a day only to my temples. I seen your pics, i think you should use the minoxidil for the temples mostly, and if you are down with finasteride, take that also. You're hair is not so bad, like me, you have caught it fairly early. good luck.

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
my hair is worse than those pics i think the lighting makes it look thicker i believe personally. plus there web cam pics I think my hair has gotten worse maybe too
Im still debating propecia maybe start off on .25mg i been doing this for the past 6 months still have the stuff in my bathroom

G

jason566 said:
my hair is worse than those pics i think the lighting makes it look thicker i believe personally. plus there web cam pics I think my hair has gotten worse maybe too
Im still debating propecia maybe start off on .25mg i been doing this for the past 6 months still have the stuff in my bathroom

If you really want to do the best thing out there for your hair, do the propecia. I believe for optimal results a DHT inhibiter is a must. If you get side-effects while on propecia and they don't subside, get off of it. Then go for another topical DHT inhibiter like spironolactone. And if you really are just scared shitless of propecia, get on the topical spironolactone now.