Learning To Do My Own Hair - Help In Nyc Area

HairleyDavidson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you all for reading !!

I am a Hairclub member who has been forced to learn how to do my own hair for almost the last 2 months. I left the old tape on for 5 weeks but it just got to itchy and I had to remove the system.

I put it back on with some old strips I has and it was crooked and i put it on wrong so I left that on for a week. On Friday I got proper tape, a styra-foam head and I did a much better Job.

Since my local Hairclub won't open until June. I have been thinking about getting my systems from Hair Direct and trying to find a local stylist to cut in my system and just doing the maintenance myself. Do any of you know anyone in the NY area that does cut in's??? Please let me know.

I was surprised how much I hate having my hair off I can't stand they way my head feels without it. But I am happy I won't have to be a Hair Club Slave anymore.

Regards,

Hairly

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Hairly

Sorry to hear about your predicament, although suspect once you get to grips with ordering your own hairpieces and doing your maintenance, you may decide you don't want to go back to Hair Club again.

I will send you a PM about places in NYC. You know, I suppose, that Hair Direct do remote cut-ins? Have you considered that? It usually works surprisingly well.

Noah

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've recently started wearing hair systems. I started wearing them since the beginning of the quarantine since no one will be seeing me aside my immediate family members. Honestly, the only thing I really need is a decent haircut to blend my hair system with my existing hair. I gave myself a haircut, and I ended up looking like the dictator of North Korea. From what I heard, all you need is to find a stylist that's willing to work with a hair system.