layers of minoxidil peeling off my scalp.

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
today i noticed after my wash that there was a large build up of minoxidil all over my scalp (kinda like dead skin) i only noticed because i cut my hair very short yesterday and could now see my scalp. i am now worried because i think this must of been building up for months and possibly effecting the minoxidil effect. anyone?

yvakin

Banned
Reaction score
stjimmy said:
today i noticed after my wash that there was a large build up of minoxidil all over my scalp (kinda like dead skin) i only noticed because i cut my hair very short yesterday and could now see my scalp. i am now worried because i think this must of been building up for months and possibly effecting the minoxidil effect. anyone?

Had the same problem with 5 and 2% minoxidil, quit using it after one year. I've got 15% minoxidil from Dr.Lee 4 days ago, no flakes so far.

shons

Reaction score
i got the same prob with minoxidil dont know what 2 do
i think when i peel it it makes my hair fall more tiny hairs that
wants 2 grow
anyway im thinking about swithching 2 15% minoxidil to let me know if it works 4 u goodluck:]

shons

Reaction score
wants 2 grow
anyway im thinking about swithching 2 15% minoxidil to let me know if it works 4 u goodluck:]

rcom440

Reaction score
shons said:
wants 2 grow

same here. I also have that problem. Someone mentioned about some good conditioner that helps with that but I forgot the name.

Krispin

Banned
Reaction score
I usually apply 5% liquid Minoxidil before bed and wake up with some minor flakes around the application areas. If I don't wash with shampoo (like Nizoral), the flakes persist somewhat throughout the day and then cease by mid-afternoon. I tested this recently by washing my hair with Nizoral (any other shampoo should be fine also if you're just addressing the flake issue) upon waking and I have zero flakes. When working the shampoo into a fine lather on the scalp, be sure to use a strong enough massage motion that will be able to disrupt any dried, stubborn Minoxidil that is still adhering to your scalp. This has at least been successful for me.

-Krispin

wheresmyfkinghair

Reaction score
I usually apply 5% liquid Minoxidil before bed and wake up with some minor flakes around the application areas. If I don't wash with shampoo (like Nizoral), the flakes persist somewhat throughout the day and then cease by mid-afternoon. I tested this recently by washing my hair with Nizoral (any other shampoo should be fine also if you're just addressing the flake issue) upon waking and I have zero flakes. When working the shampoo into a fine lather on the scalp, be sure to use a strong enough massage motion that will be able to disrupt any dried, stubborn Minoxidil that is still adhering to your scalp. This has at least been successful for me.

-Krispin

But everytime when i put shampoo and massage, more hairs came off. I am so scared that I now don't use shampoo. I just rinse my head with water. That has significantly reduce the number of hair fell off.

resu

Reaction score
Don't let it sit on your scalp all day and night, remove it by rinsing it with the shower head after 4 hours.