Lawsuit against Propecia

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
it can cause cancer now too?

finasteride may induce high-grade tumors by reducing levels of intracellular DHT within the prostate -

man I hope there's no truth to that

chicknlittle

Reaction score
Finasteride's effect on prostate cancer is complicated. (only the 5mg proscar dose studied.... Propecia 1mg dose may or may not have similar effect). It reduces the PSA by half, so if you have PSA testing your doctor needs to know to interpret the test. Propecia reduces chances of getting a diagnosis of prostate cancer (good), but cancers found are of higher grade (bad). 15 year mortality is unchanged (neutral).

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
In October 2010, Merck was required to update its Proscar label to include male breast cancer. In March 2011, the manufacturer updated the Propecia label to include depression; in April 2011, the company updated its “Patient Information about Propecia” to indicate patients had reported “difficulty in achieving an erection that continued after stopping the medication.” In June 2011, Merck updated the Proscar label to include a warning about the risk of high-grade prostate cancer. In April 2012, Merck again revised their Propecia and Proscar labels to include a warning about the risk of erectile dysfunction that continued after discontinuation of treatment.

A

andrew lincoln

Wow there really seem to be more and more of these popping up in the news lately....

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take notice of those complaints. I've been on it for 2 years and I'm still doing just fine. I think my girlfriend would agree.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take notice of those complaints. I've been on it for 2 years and I'm still doing just fine. [...]

It worked for me and I'm glad it worked for you too, but I take these complaints seriously. Everyone is different and reactions to finasteride vary a lot.