LaVivid uniwigs is a bust. AVOID THEM

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been purchasing from LaVivid Hair for years. Pretty steep price increase, however their customer service and product had been good, so I chalked it up to inflation and kept doing business with them. My last order was for three 0.03 thin skins. I believe they retail for about $300 each. Like most, I purchase them in advance so that I'm never in short supply.

I've been using .03 thin skins for about 5 years( MHE, Northwest Lace, and toplace) and I'm very familiar with removing them from the plastic substrate. I have not had a problem one time.

After opening the package, I carefully peeled one from the substrate, rear to front, in order to minimize the pulling of the hairline. To my surprise when the system released, it ripped a straight line across the hairline. I'm not sure if it was like this or if it was bonded too strongly to the plastic. But it certainly destroyed the system.

I contacted LaVivid and they told me they would not replace it. They would simply offer me a 25% coupon. It's likely common knowledge that they always have a 15% off coupon, for everyone, and often at times, a 20% coupon. So they were essentially offering me 5% off for their shortcoming, and their choosing to send me either a defective or already ripped product.

I wholeheartedly advise anyone against doing business with LaVivid, or Uniwig.... whatever name they hide behind as their customer services not now, what it was years ago. They are trash, in my eyes, and should be avoided like the plague.

I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and whatever other Outlet I find. They picked the right guy to expose their sham company!

Time to support Curtis at MHE. A real American business. Not some cheap, cut Rate, Chinese, China virus, company. I'm well aware Curtis purchases from china. But let him get the retail margin, not them! Good riddance!

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been purchasing from LaVivid Hair for years. Pretty steep price increase, however their customer service and product had been good, so I chalked it up to inflation and kept doing business with them. My last order was for three 0.03 thin skins. I believe they retail for about $300 each. Like most, I purchase them in advance so that I'm never in short supply.

I've been using .03 thin skins for about 5 years( MHE, Northwest Lace, and toplace) and I'm very familiar with removing them from the plastic substrate. I have not had a problem one time.

After opening the package, I carefully peeled one from the substrate, rear to front, in order to minimize the pulling of the hairline. To my surprise when the system released, it ripped a straight line across the hairline. I'm not sure if it was like this or if it was bonded too strongly to the plastic. But it certainly destroyed the system.

I contacted LaVivid and they told me they would not replace it. They would simply offer me a 25% coupon. It's likely common knowledge that they always have a 15% off coupon, for everyone, and often at times, a 20% coupon. So they were essentially offering me 5% off for their shortcoming, and their choosing to send me either a defective or already ripped product.

I wholeheartedly advise anyone against doing business with LaVivid, or Uniwig.... whatever name they hide behind as their customer services not now, what it was years ago. They are trash, in my eyes, and should be avoided like the plague.

I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and whatever other Outlet I find. They picked the right guy to expose their sham company!

Time to support Curtis at MHE. A real American business. Not some cheap, cut Rate, Chinese, China virus, company. I'm well aware Curtis purchases from china. But let him get the retail margin, not them! Good riddance!
Fair play TB, from personnel experience it's always a good idea to make as much as a nuisance of yourself as you can, even if this doesnt mean you receive total financial reimbursement at least you have the comfort in making other potential customers aware.

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score

In fairness mate, you ordered custom systems and you damaged one taking it off the substrate. Nobody is going to give you a refund for that unless you can show the system itself was defective. I have purchased stock systems from LaVivid and was satisfied with them. I particularly found their customer service to be helpful. Who is MHE?

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score
SuperHairPieces is another good option. I just found out my stylist orders from them and marks them up o_O
I have purchased from them too and i like them. They are my default provider now. The only thing i could say is that some systems the color was not consistent with what i had received previously. They also seem to fade over a few months but i suppose they all do that.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
In fairness mate, you ordered custom systems and you damaged one taking it off the substrate. Nobody is going to give you a refund for that unless you can show the system itself was defective. I have purchased stock systems from LaVivid and was satisfied with them. I particularly found their customer service to be helpful. Who is MHE?
Fairness? How about correctness and
accuracy? I didn't order custom, (where are you getting this from?) nor did I damage it. A section of the front was adhered too strongly, during the curing/manufacture process which resulted in damage during removal. This was verified by Lavivid and they did refund due to a manufacturing defect. I've purchased over 25 systems from them. I'd bet you're nowhere close. The more you purchase, the more likely you are to encounter an issue.
Quite obviously stating you haven't had a problem with what is likely a fraction of my orders, is a foolish thing to use as comparison. Apples to shoelaces.

The character and customer service of a business isn't defined in "no problem" times such as you described, but rather in times there is an issue.

Rather than google MHE hair, you post asking? Did you miss their description in my post?
I think we have another simpleton....

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree about LaVavid about being some Wuhanese sham! Completely shitty, lowest-end pieces for jacked up prices. I bought two .06mm skin systems this summer, and their quality was on the lower end.

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
LaVivid does in fact have poor customer service. Unfortunately, they are one of the few manufacturers offering hybrid units with .04 poly in the front and lace in the back (or poly front/sides with lace middle) and European hair. Anyone have some recommendations? Looking to move on from LaVivid as the quality is inconsistent (even their European hair lately has been coarse and dry) and they never ship the custom units within the 6-8 weeks timeline they advertise.

MHE is not the answer. I was doing business with Curtis for a year but after Covid hit the quality of his units changed and never recovered. My guess is he realized he could get away with a lower quality unit. The poly became thicker and the hair was so coarse and kinky the hairline looked completely unrealistic like I had pubes growing out of my forehead. Instead of acknowledging the change, he played dumb and tried to gaslight me into thinking everything was the same. He used to have some of the best units I had ever seen but I think greed won out in the end.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
LaVivid does in fact have poor customer service. Unfortunately, they are one of the few manufacturers offering hybrid units with .04 poly in the front and lace in the back (or poly front/sides with lace middle) and European hair. Anyone have some recommendations? Looking to move on from LaVivid as the quality is inconsistent (even their European hair lately has been coarse and dry) and they never ship the custom units within the 6-8 weeks timeline they advertise.

MHE is not the answer. I was doing business with Curtis for a year but after Covid hit the quality of his units changed and never recovered. My guess is he realized he could get away with a lower quality unit. The poly became thicker and the hair was so coarse and kinky the hairline looked completely unrealistic like I had pubes growing out of my forehead. Instead of acknowledging the change, he played dumb and tried to gaslight me into thinking everything was the same. He used to have some of the best units I had ever seen but I think greed won out in the end.
Not surprised about Curtis' behavior. I have seen his videos and would never buy from him.

Hamy25

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree about LaVavid about being some Wuhanese sham! Completely shitty, lowest-end pieces for jacked up prices. I bought two .06mm skin systems this summer, and their quality was on the lower end.
Yes agree about lavivid shocking inconsistency and quality

Hamy25

My Regimen
Reaction score
But hasn’t that always been the case with these companies ? . If a factory decided to make them using best quality hair and quality control they would make millions !

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
When their quality is on point, their Keanu unit (hybrid lace/poly with European hair which can now only be ordered as a custom) is one of the best I've found yet. Unfortunately, it's a complete gamble. Occasionally, I'll receive a unit with what appear to be pubic hairs in the hairline.
But hasn’t that always been the case with these companies ? . If a factory decided to make them using best quality hair and quality control they would make millions !
Exactly. I would pay $500+ for a hybrid unit with European hair of consistent quality.