Latanoprost - use & dosage

the_newsoul

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

Im going to order Latanoprost in a pharmacy at 0.1%. The only thing that concerns me is how to use it as i dont fully understand the explanation of the study. Does anyone has a clear idea about how to use it? Thanx a lot

Thats what i found about the use and dosage:

The investigational product was latanoprost 0.1%
ternary solution (50%ethanol, 20% propylene glycol,
water) packaged in droppers (flasks), compared
with placebo packaged in identical droppers. The
dose was considered to pose no risk, being 3.6 times
less than the dose reportedly tolerated intravenously.
Each subject received both products with the dose of
one drop (;50 L) daily for 24 weeks on two
symmetric locations on the scalp according to randomization.

Attachments

• latanoprost[1].pdf
    796 KB · Views: 319

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Please offer us your feedback once you get started and please take pictures!
Thanks

the_newsoul

Reaction score
I sure will!

And if anyone is using latanoprost as well, please share your knowledge about dosage!

Thanx

zayin

Established Member
Reaction score
How much did you pay for it? This stuff is really expensive, that's the only reason i havent tried it yet... Are you impressed by the study results? Shame it doesnt regrow hair.

the_newsoul

Reaction score
I didnt pay it yet, a friend is getting the receipe and will get it probably next week.

As far as i know it doesnt have to be really expensive, it is expensive if you buy Xatalan or any brand with latanoprost.

Im impressed by the photos of the study photos!! And seems that it can do well on hair depigmentation.

I also understand that if it increases hair density it makes you grow terminal hairs. Maybe im not correct, but thats what i think so far

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the_newsoul said:
I didnt pay it yet, a friend is getting the receipe and will get it probably next week.

As far as i know it doesnt have to be really expensive, it is expensive if you buy Xatalan or any brand with latanoprost.

Im impressed by the photos of the study photos!! And seems that it can do well on hair depigmentation.

I also understand that if it increases hair density it makes you grow terminal hairs. Maybe im not correct, but thats what i think so far

I am curious to see how much your paying for this too. It is expensive. Not just Xylantan, but the actually raw ingredient Latanoprost.

What do you mean how do you use it? Just apply it to your scalp where you are losing hair like any other topical. :shock:

the_newsoul

Reaction score
I mean the dose.

If you read the study, they just used a drop, wich is much less than 1ml.

Do you think its a worth try compared to bimatoprost?

In the study they also mention that patients with erythema responded well to latanoprost... its just interesting :)

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the cost for bim if you apply it to the hairline only will be no more than 300 dollars a year!