last thread didn't show my hairloss properly.. Chances of me keeping hair 2 years+?

Hairlossyoyo

Reaction score
I'm a 17 year old highschool junior. I know I'm balding and I understand it's genetic not stress blahblahblah. I just want to know what the likelihood of me keeping my hair is considering I'm on finasteride and using nizoral shampoo. I've been on finasteride since the beginning of January or so and I haven't seen any results but I've read that it's typical not to see results until 3 months at the earliest generally.

http://imgur.com/a/b41Hy

I atleast want to keep my hair until graduation.... But obviously the longer I can keep it the better....

shookwun

Reaction score
if you get on finastreride their is a very high probability will restore everything, and can maintain a full head.

if you don't then those temples will eventually thin, and recede further and you will have a nice a NW2.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stick to the program and hope for the best.. Nobody could tell you how you'll be in 2 plus years.. We're all different.

When I was in high school, I worried about balding because I had recession young. Low and behold, my hair has held up decently since then. That's including a round of Accutane which ****s your hair up. I'm 27 now..

Try not to overly stress and let the chips fall where they may.. You're already being proactive, which is good.

Hairlossyoyo

Reaction score
if you get on finastreride their is a very high probability will restore everything, and can maintain a full head.

if you don't then those temples will eventually thin, and recede further and you will have a nice a NW2.

I've been on finasteride for about 3 weeks to a month now.

g.i joey

Reaction score
if you dont get on right now, i could guarantee the next step in your hairloss advancement will be your hairline noticeably thinning out. its a personal choice.

Hairlossyoyo

Reaction score
if you dont get on right now, i could guarantee the next step in your hairloss advancement will be your hairline noticeably thinning out. its a personal choice.

no my question is the likelihood I maintain for two years with finasteride.

I've been on finasteride for about a month now.

mandatswack

Reaction score
What do you consider maintaining? Exactly the same as the pictures? You aren't going to be an NW4 by the time you graduate but you could be an NW2 (without finasteride) as I was around that time . With finasteride i'd say you will definitely maintain exactly what you have by graduation unless you are one of these reverse responders where finasteride makes the hair even thinner.

Hairlossyoyo

Reaction score
What do you consider maintaining? Exactly the same as the pictures? You aren't going to be an NW4 by the time you graduate but you could be an NW2 (without finasteride) as I was around that time . With finasteride i'd say you will definitely maintain exactly what you have by graduation unless you are one of these reverse responders where finasteride makes the hair even thinner.

Yup I just want to maintain as in keep what I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup I just want to maintain as in keep what I have.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have very good chances of retaining that hair with finasteride and perhaps you'll even get cosmetic improvement. Only one way to find out really. That being said you are still quite young.

How has finasteride worked out for you, Swoop?

Oger

Reaction score
Ya I would honestly hold off until balding become obvious.. I mean you know your hair and what is and isn't normal.. but I had a visible patch at the front of my hairline for probably 5 years before I noticed any more loss.. and my father and sister both have that same visible spot on hairline and both still have very thick hair so.. could just be normal

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya I would honestly hold off until balding become obvious.. I mean you know your hair and what is and isn't normal.. but I had a visible patch at the front of my hairline for probably 5 years before I noticed any more loss.. and my father and sister both have that same visible spot on hairline and both still have very thick hair so.. could just be normal

What ever you do dont listen to this guy.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Swoop what side effects do you get?
It's rare I see people that take finasteride and only experience marginal side effects, I find it's usually the case that most experience zero side effects or the absolute extreme. Are you not worried they'll get worse? I found that while I was on finasteride, which was only for two weeks; I started to experience less morning wood(if any), watery semen, weaker erections and I'm not 100% certain but perhaps the beginning stages of gyno. Of course I stopped after experiencing that ****, I feel fine now. So I find it interesting how you'd continue to use finasteride even with the side effects that come along with it, as you said they're 'tolerable' but I'm wondering what they are, and aren't you worried they become something else?

I may have experienced only less morning wood/weaker erections but I feared it would be a steady decline and I could do some damage if kept taking finasteride.

Not to say finasteride is bad, if anyone wants to battle their hairloss hop on finasteride because it's your best chance in stopping it, but I strongly advise anyone who begins to experience side effects to get off it immediately, be vigilant, the moment you think something is wrong. Get off it.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop what side effects do you get?
It's rare I see people that take finasteride and only experience marginal side effects, I find it's usually the case that most experience zero side effects or the absolute extreme. Are you not worried they'll get worse? I found that while I was on finasteride, which was only for two weeks; I started to experience less morning wood(if any), watery semen, weaker erections and I'm not 100% certain but perhaps the beginning stages of gyno. Of course I stopped after experiencing that ****, I feel fine now. So I find it interesting how you'd continue to use finasteride even with the side effects that come along with it, as you said they're 'tolerable' but I'm wondering what they are, and aren't you worried they become something else?

I may have experienced only less morning wood/weaker erections but I feared it would be a steady decline and I could do some damage if kept taking finasteride.

Not to say finasteride is bad, if anyone wants to battle their hairloss hop on finasteride because it's your best chance in stopping it, but I strongly advise anyone who begins to experience side effects to get off it immediately, be vigilant, the moment you think something is wrong. Get off it.

Subtle sexual sides man. Less libido. A bit decrease of sensitivity in penis and and a bit less intense orgasms, yes watery semen too.

I have no problems with erections though.

It's a trade off I am willing to make. Am I scared of that it gets worse? Look if it induced ED, yeah I would quit it immediately. But it doesn't so the side effects are tolerable. Not "scared" of anything that isn't there though.

Also I cycle finasteride with an off period and a period on RU58841. So I don't use it continously. Like 6 months on/6months off/6months on. I basically use DHT as my b*tch and still let it flow into my tissue in between for the same period on time as i'm on finasteride.

Even if it would induce harsher side effects for me I'm convinced that they are reversible.

Based on this regime I should stay above baseline for some years, and that's my game plan anyway man. To survive these years, so I can maybe have better options very soon, and chances are they will arise (on the maintenance angle).

Is this ideal? Nope, but I need to or I'll be NW5 pretty damn quickly.

Did you ever speak to guys who cycle on steroids? Most don't like to come off because they feel awesome on the cycle and after the cycle they can feel terrible up to the point of being sick of it pretty much for a amount of time (less libido, very tired, (mild) ED problems etc). Kinda visa versa man with a different side effect profile. In a way that's comparable to what I do. I just don't feel optimal sexually on finasteride but feel 100% off. Broscience much, but you get the deal.

Oh btw, the trial I did was with 1mg EOD (6 months) and next time I'm going to be popping 0.5mg MWF. So I might be a bit better off also the next time I'm going on.

And again overall the chances of having permanent damage are almost non-existent in my opinion. Even of these guys who have lingering side effects, most of them seem to recover fine.

Especially because I don't push anything really. I cycle it with tolerable side effects. If very harsh side effects would arise I would quit obviously.

I think I can stay above baseline this way because my hair reacts incredibly well to treatments (see the 5 year finasteride graph, 1 year on finasteride 1 year off).

What about you? What is your game plan now then?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I only use nizoral shampoo, once I start diffuse thinning I'll probably get on minoxidil.
My hairloss isn't especially aggressive, so its not going to disappear overnight, but I'd rather keepaway from minoxidil as long as possible, as we know it's a life long commitment and expensive.