Last chance: trying finasteride and sides.

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I apologize in advance for any typo, english isn't my native language.

I started oral finasteride 2 months ago with a very low dosage,
0.25mg EOD and then i'm trying to go up,

the first days i experienced testicular pain,

now this side effect is gone , lasted almost a month,
I experienced this only in the days i took finasteride ( i reduced a bit the dose while i experienced this)

now i raised the dose to 0.5 EOD and i'm experiencing a mild ED,

i still got morning woods but at 50% intensity max.
Getting hard is becoming more difficult and even when i have an orgasm i don't reach 100% hardness, maybe neither 80%, and the feeling is strange,
just like when you try to have an orgasm with an incomplete erection, it feel "strange" and weaker.
Sexual drive seems to be OK.

I wonder if this side effect could be temporary like the testicular pain or i have to stick to the maximum dose on which i can withstand the sides.

Could 0.125 daily be enough to atleast stop the loss?
Any advice?

thanks,

PS:
I tried finasteride 12 years ago, 1mg daily for a month and i only experienced a very liquid sperm and a strange prostatitis right after i quitted.
Never had testicular pain or ED.
After that i've been on saw palmetto for 11 years, it didn't stop hair loss but i suspect i started to experience mild sides from it the last years.

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh cmon dude, you already know it. Some will tell you their sides went away with time, some decide to endure them and complain here (Feelsbadman), others got pfs because they didn't stop and their lives are ruined lol.

forget about lowering the dose and try Topical finasteride, as some people report less sides on it.

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see you're also at 0.5 EOD, did you ever notice something similar to my sides?

I may decide to endure them a bit more.

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, i woke up too early this morning, i've read mg instead mm:p

Ok, today i had the same side but also a bit of the same pain at the balls,

it seems at 0.25mg or more per day, finasteride accumulates in my system and eventually i get testicular pain and ED,

at 0.125mg per day, my system can eliminates a bit of the accumulated finasteride.

but i notice with time my system get better at eliminate it.
The sweet spot at the moment is somewhere between 0.125 and 0.25

this is a low dose!

at this dose, is better topical finasteride?
or maybe i can try to stick with 0.125 and also add topical finasteride ?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried 1 mg three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)? Two australian doctors on Youtube (The Hair Loss Show) always suggest that dose for starting and they've said that after 20 years 99% of people don't have any side effects whatsoever. 0.125 and 0.25 mg is almost a placebo dose, it won't do much to stop hair loss. The mind is very powerful and could be causing your sides (Read about the Nocebo Effect if you want). For example, these last days I've been stressed and sad as f*** and I couldn't get hard at all and came early with a limp-dick, even tho I haven't taken any meds whatsoever.

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
. 0.125 and 0.25 mg is almost a placebo dose, it won't do much to stop hair loss. The mind is very powerful and could be causing your sides
True. Maybe take a break and then try at least 0,5mg again. You should say good bye to your morning wood tho, pretty much every finasteride user loses that, i think.

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
ball pain, is pretty objective
limp dick maybe nocebo

i'm taking a break and try with 1mg 3x week

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
True. Maybe take a break and then try at least 0,5mg again. You should say good bye to your morning wood tho, pretty much every finasteride user loses that, i think.

Ok! But having no morning wood it's a red flag itself

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok! But having no morning wood it's a red flag itself
You could do erection self-tests to see if you have morning woods or not, you need postage stamps or a special device. They mostly happen during REM sleep so waking up without one doesn't necessarily mean you've a physiological problem. After I reached 22 I rarely wake up with a morning wood and it's normal for me.

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember just in September, i used to have a MW almost every day, that kind of MW that makes difficult even to take a piss.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride only kills roughly 70% of your DHT type 1. I'd say use a comfortable low dose, and try to hit male pattern baldness multiple pathways. You could also use CB or RU topical. Start doing push-ups to failure and quick short sprints every other day. Raise your healthy fats and vitamin d levels. Make your sleep a priority.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I apologize in advance for any typo, english isn't my native language.

I started oral finasteride 2 months ago with a very low dosage,
0.25mg EOD and then i'm trying to go up,

the first days i experienced testicular pain,

now this side effect is gone , lasted almost a month,
I experienced this only in the days i took finasteride ( i reduced a bit the dose while i experienced this)

now i raised the dose to 0.5 EOD and i'm experiencing a mild ED,

i still got morning woods but at 50% intensity max.
Getting hard is becoming more difficult and even when i have an orgasm i don't reach 100% hardness, maybe neither 80%, and the feeling is strange,
just like when you try to have an orgasm with an incomplete erection, it feel "strange" and weaker.
Sexual drive seems to be OK.

I wonder if this side effect could be temporary like the testicular pain or i have to stick to the maximum dose on which i can withstand the sides.

Could 0.125 daily be enough to atleast stop the loss?
Any advice?

thanks,

PS:
I tried finasteride 12 years ago, 1mg daily for a month and i only experienced a very liquid sperm and a strange prostatitis right after i quitted.
Never had testicular pain or ED.
After that i've been on saw palmetto for 11 years, it didn't stop hair loss but i suspect i started to experience mild sides from it the last years.
If you were fine with 0.25 EOD you should probably go back to that. And uf you are thinking if an increase, maybe try 0.25 daily?

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride only kills roughly 70% of your DHT type 1. I'd say use a comfortable low dose, and try to hit male pattern baldness multiple pathways. You could also use CB or RU topical. Start doing push-ups to failure and quick short sprints every other day. Raise your healthy fats and vitamin d levels. Make your sleep a priority.
I'm already doing this,

i have an homegym and i hit it everyday for atleast 30 min, i'm muscular with a low BF (12-14%, visible abs)
i sleep 8 hours / day
i take 5000UI/day of Vit. D3
30mg ZINC
and 200mg Magnesium

But that's a good idea,
i could try to add RU or CB (which of the two is safer?) and stick with the maximum safe dose of finasteride.

The goal is to stop the progression of loss (or atleast slow down as much as i can )
and have a transplant in 2-3 years.
I need to restore the hairline.

If you were fine with 0.25 EOD you should probably go back to that. And uf you are thinking if an increase, maybe try 0.25 daily?

I'm sorry, maybe my english wasn't clear,
with 0.25 daily i get a bit of sides in 4-5 days ( same thing with 0.5 EOD )

I'll try 1mg just for the sake of trying.

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
no way,

too expensive!

for CB i have to wait for the official release with a lower price.

I can only try RU

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no way,

too expensive!

for CB i have to wait for the official release with a lower price.

I can only try RU
RU can compete with testosterone so you can use a lower dose. Low dose finasteride, min, RU, and micro needling. This is a meat and potatoes stack and could potentially get you a very nice recovery. Just be patient it's a marathon not a sprint.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and just stay at .25 finasteride EOD don't get sides

alexemme

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU can compete with testosterone so you can use a lower dose. Low dose finasteride, min, RU, and micro needling. This is a meat and potatoes stack and could potentially get you a very nice recovery. Just be patient it's a marathon not a sprint.
"Meat and potatoes stack" i've heard this just yesterday from "more plates more dates" on YT
Are you also watching Derek? :D

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes Derek has good content. You ever watch some of his first Videos? He definitely be bald by now with out his intervention.

Just went and looked I think he deleted some of his older vids. I watched his RU video like 4 years ago. His hairline was so thin.

Last edited: