Lasers: good or bad?

Scottzuh

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with a laser to see if it will help my hair. At the moment I'm just testing out an old laser pointer that I bought before I step up and get a laser comb or the likes. I noticed when I use the laser pointer I can feel a distinct tingle especially if my hair is wet. I don't know if it's accomplishing anything, but it's got my attention. However, I read the laser are used for hair removal which didn't really bother me because those are much higher power, but one of my friend's who works at a checkout in a super market claims the part of his forearm is bald because of the scanning laser. I don't know how powerful it is but I'm kind of hesitant with lasers. Any experiences with lasers?

ldk13

Reaction score
I have used a hairmax comb now for 6 months. I have not noticed any gains, but I have also not lost anymore. So do lasers work in regrowing hair? I say both yes and no, I think they are good a keeping the hair you have now, but expect little to no new hair. But this is just from my experience.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I have used a hairmax comb now for 6 months. I have not noticed any gains, but I have also not lost anymore. So do lasers work in regrowing hair? I say both yes and no, I think they are good a keeping the hair you have now, but expect little to no new hair. But this is just from my experience.

Have you noticed thicker hair while using the comb?

Are you using anything else besides just the comb?

ldk13

Reaction score
I quit using minoxidil in June around the same time I started using the laser comb. I was only using rogaine foam on the front of my head. I got good results from the minoxidil and I always hear people say that when you quit it you will experience a massive shed in 3-4 months. Since then, I have maintained all the hair the I regrew with rogaine. I have used nizoral 2% during this time, so one of those 2 things had to work.

However I started back up on the rogaine foam last week. I noticed after a short haircut that my crown area is getting very thin [I have suspected for many months that was the case] but if I can get my crown area thick with hair again, I may quit the minoxidil and use only the hairmax comb just to see if it will in doubt keep what I get back. I figure at some point someone out there has to try it.

john pearson

Reaction score
I'm trying laser therapy for a while now, I can say that for me it looks like it's starting to work after the 3rd session. Result may vary and bet on the long term as they say in the Hair loss Clinic.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I'm trying laser therapy for a while now, I can say that for me it looks like it's starting to work after the 3rd session. Result may vary and bet on the long term as they say in the Hair loss Clinic.

I built my own laser helmet about 4 years ago....Sorry, but you won't see any results after 3 sessions-- you need to give it a good 3 months, at least...

...lasers do work, but the big thing with them is that your scalp get's used to them and the effectiveness wears off after a while...

..to say they don't do anything is complete BS...but of course you get meat-heads who are FDA robot b-i-t-c-h-e-s and think that only the so-called Big 3 are the only things that work...