Lasercomb stunk! Seeing Results with X5. Laser Therapy Work?

wnthairlikearockstr

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

First off, I just want to say that I've been lurking around this forum for over a year and find this site to be totally insightful. Props to 'Collegechemistrystudent' and 'michael barry' for awesome posts.

I've been on Rogaine and Propecia for about a year. I'm 28 and realized I was starting to lose some hair a few years ago (actually it was my girlfriend that told me).

So, for the past year I've been using Rogaine (once a day at night) and 1mg of Propecia. I HATE Rogaine as even the foam leaves my hair greasy. I know it works for a lot of you guys, but its done basically nothing for me.

I heard that the Hairmax Lasercomb got "approval" for hair loss last year around this time, and I called up the company who said it was approved. Then they nailed me for $600 guaranteeing me that it would work. I didn't even get to try and see results when the thing stopped working after 2 months. They said they'd fix it and I just sent it back and had to eat over $100 for their "restock" fee.

Fast forward to this year, and I started using Toppik (Love it) to make what I still have look thicker. I learned that the company that makes it had another product called the X5 that's similar to the lasercomb but has more lasers and is way cheaper (the whole thing cost me just about $300).

Well, I'm using it, and I think I'm seeing some results around my hairline. I've read a lot of stories where people start seeing results with thin, whitish colored hairs, so I'm guessing (hoping this is what I'm seeing).

Either way, I think the X5 is pretty cool, and just wanted to see if anyone else has any opinions on laser therapy for hair. Has anyone else used the X5?

I read up a lot on laser therapy and there's a lot of mixed reviews, but I also read that the company who makes it, Spencer Forrest, just started clinical trials. Here's where I found it:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/06/prweb1000474.htm

What do you guys think? I'm still in my 6 month trial period, but I actually really like the thing. Any opinions?