Lasercomb on ebay?

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
I've made up my mind and i'm going to invest in a lasercomb but I can't afford it unless I get it discounted, or on ebay. My question is, are there alot of little parts in the lasercomb that can malfunction thereby making buying one on ebay a decent gamble. Or are they pretty straightforward and if someone claims it works, chances are it does? I figure most of the online sellers are just men who tried it and gave it up because there hairloss was to severe, nothing should be wrong with it if this is the case. All input is appriciated, thanks.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bought a lasercomb on Ebay, and it quit working within two weeks. Although the warranty period had not expired, the company would not honor the warranty. So I contacted the seller, and he agreed to arrange with Lexington to have it repaired under warranty. I shipped it to Lexington, they shipped it back to him, and he shipped it to me. I had to pay shipping and insurance both ways, and I was without it for about a month. Lexington will not transfer the warranty to a third party.

viperfish

Reaction score
Yeah, if I were you I would only buy from the company due to the warranty. Also if you buy from hairmax you have a 5 month money back guarantee. Take your time and save up the extra cash. Your using finasteride and min already so you don't need to rush into it.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm looking into LEIMO laser combs, also. They seem cheaper. I dont even want it so much for my hair as my scalp, every thing that I think helps it stops working a few days later. Nizoral isnt doing the trick, nor is emu oil. Alot of it has to do with the winter cold (its alot better in the summer) but this laser therapy is supposed to help the scalp out, alot. Thats mostly my rush, this god damn flaking. I want to stick my head in a blender, but I think it might be counterproductive to my regimen. Thanks for the responses though.

Balding

Reaction score
Consider buying a refurbished comb directly from Lexington. I paid $500, comparable to what they were going for on Ebay. You get the bonus of the warranty.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I made up my mind. I'm going to invest in one and maybe finance it for four months. I looked on their site lasercomb.net or whatever, and did not see an option of buying a refurbished one. Where did you go to find that option? And btw, have you had any success with yours, Balding? Thanks.

Balding

Reaction score
I returned the second one (that arrived with the "cracks" in the window) and am waiting for the replacement to arrive.

If you are interested in a refurbished model you can just call and ask for it. Although after my experience I am not sure if it is worth it. :-x

Getting there

Reaction score
I can recommend adding a laser to your regime. Whether it be the personal laser comb or going somewhere for a boston laser session. I began at a clinic with a boston laser, and then bought a lasercomb myself. It's worth it to keep the flow of blood and nutrients to the bulb and maintain the bulb's life.

I'd suggest you save up money and buy it directly because it is a lot of money to waste if it fails. Also, the manual states that it's life-span is about 10 years. You don't know how old the ebayer's comb is.