Lasercomb "cracks"?

Balding

Reaction score
I puchased a refurbished lasercomb a few weeks ago. I noticed the comb that was sent to me had a couple of cracks in the window that covers the laser light between the teeth. I returned that comb and was sent a replacement that I received today. This comb is worse, it has four cracks!
:-x

I am told this will not affect the laser performance, and if it gets worse I can always exchange it sometime in the next year under warranty. Customer service insists the combs were "crack free" when shipped and any damage must have happened in transit. My question to others that have a lasercomb, have you noticed any cracks in this window on your unit?

For those interested, I bought the refurbished unit for $500. ($645-$100-$59 promotional discount+$14 shipping).
PICT0002.JPG.jpg

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
F that. Tell them no thanks send me another one....seriously.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Seems to me that the company is just trying to unload all the LaserCombs that people returned.

D.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Balding, my advice to you would be to ask to speak directly with David Michaels. He's the top dog to talk with when it comes to problems like this. My LC does not have any cracks in the covering plastic plate but if it did I would make sure that it was fixed or replaced. I know that it's a refurbished one that you have but I wouldn't settle for a cracked one :hairy:

Greg

Petchsky

Reaction score
You can pretty much bet that if you keep this one it will break a few weeks out of the warranty and they will be really funny about it...that's what would happen to me anyway.

Get them to send you another one and tell them to send it by special delivery this time. £500 is a lot money...would you buy a watch with a cracked face?

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky makes a very good point. Don't limit Lexington! Allow them to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your purchase by special shipping another UNCRACKED one for you :p

Greg

viperfish

Reaction score
Send it back to them!! That's bullshit and tell them you want one with no cracks or you will continue to send it back. $500 is alot of money!!!

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
A f*** load of money! Send it the hell back. NOW!

Balding

Reaction score
Return

Thanks for the advice guys, I will ship it back tommorow. I was pretty dissapointed today when this cracked one arrived, it's hard to imagine that two were damaged in transit.

I'll call and ask David for speedy delivery. $500 is a lot of money, guess I will just keep sending them back until I get one with no cracks :!:

G

When your new LC arrives, open it and inspect it infront of the courier/postman, if it looks ok sign for it, if it is cracked do not sign for it.

I am pretty sure cracks in the glass plate with cause at least some refraction on the lazer light.

Balding

Reaction score
tynanW said:
I am pretty sure cracks in the glass plate with cause at least some refraction on the lazer light.

This was my main concern, especially if the cracks start to spread out as one appears to be doing.

I like your suggestion of not signing for the package if it arrives damaged.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm inclined to believe what tynanW states when he says that "cracks in the glass plate will cause at least some refraction on the lazer light." It's a good thing that you're sending it back after talking with David M. about it. As I know David in talking with him as a customer, he'd be actively concerned about you getting two cracked LaserCombs.

BTW keep us in the loop about your progress with this. David is a top- notch guy in his dealings with customers and their complete satisfaction with the LC :)

Greg

Balding

Reaction score
I'll keep you guys posted, hope to receive an undamaged comb sometime next week.

Balding

Reaction score
Last Friday Lexington received the comb I returned (second one I had to return for the "crack problem").

Received an email from Lexington yesterday claiming "It appears your LaserComb was damaged by you after receipt. The cracks in the window were clearly caused by the teeth being broken off in the unit."

The email states I have the option of paying $200 for repair or they can ship back this damaged unit to me.

Accusing me of doing the damage to the unit is infuriating. I will be making some phone calls today and will keep you posted.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you file a complaint with the attorney general's office in your state and in their state. Also, file a complaint with the BBB. I don't know if Lexington Int is a member, but filing these complaints will get their attention. That is a ridiculous position for them to take.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Balding said:
Last Friday Lexington received the comb I returned (second one I had to return for the "crack problem").

Received an email from Lexington yesterday claiming "It appears your LaserComb was damaged by you after receipt. The cracks in the window were clearly caused by the teeth being broken off in the unit."

The email states I have the option of paying $200 for repair or they can ship back this damaged unit to me.

Accusing me of doing the damage to the unit is infuriating. I will be making some phone calls today and will keep you posted.

Bastards!

Mention that you are a regular poster on HairLossTalk.com.com and that you will waste no time in sharing your negative customer experience of Lexington with plenty of potential customers. Or, email them a copy of this thread to show them that your not lying.

Plus, its under warranty and they have no evidence to suggest that you broke the lasercomb. Sounds like they are trying it on.

Balding

Reaction score
FWIW, this is what ended up happening.

I received some resistance from Lexington for my request of another replacement comb. They were convinced I had done the damage to the comb and did not want to send another unit to me. After several emails/calls they reluctantly agreed to refund my money.

I was back to square one, I still wanted to try the lasercomb but was turned off by my experience. My wife decided to buy a lasercomb for me through Ebay directly from Lexington. She was under the impression she was buying a new unit, but apparantly the bid was for another reconditioned comb. I received a call from Lexington after the bid closed, they wanted to confirm the order. After a short discussion they agreed to send a new comb rather than a reconditioned one. I asked the comb be shipped in a box with packing material to prevent receiving anther damaged unit, they charged an extra $5 for this request.

I received the new undamaged comb, total price $610. Guess the moral of the story is stay away from the "reconditioned" units, and request shipment in a box to prevent any damage.

Enough of this, off to use my new comb!

:D

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Balding, did you speak directly with David Michaels? When I first ordered my LC I spoke directly with him and he followed through with what he said he would do. Was I ever surprised to find out that he was a key player at Lexington AFTER I placed my order! I mean, seriously, the way that alot of companies are doing things these days, who would think that my first contact with the company would be with one of the key people? He didn't know who I was but he still treated me with great respect and promptness. I guess that this first interaction has largely influenced how I relate with this company as a customer.

misterium

Reaction score
why the f*** are laser combs in need of refurbishment to begin with???

what are guys doing with these things things? throwing them against the wall once they realize they've paid too much for the gadget?

this company is a bunch of f*****g scumbag f***-o's and they should all be shot in the forehead for trying to rip you off like that.. and trying to blame you for the damage. talk about lousy customer service!

and tynanW is now known as 'tm moderator'?

what's this world coming to?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have to admit .. thats extremely messed up that they would try to accuse you of damaging the product ... what ever happend to the customer is always right? and trying to please the customer .. not accusing them and blaming them for sh*t they didnt do... very unprofessional.