Lasercomb Announcement - October 20

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Rec'd this from the lasercomb folks yesterday.

-----------------------------
These are exciting times for Lexington International. The LaserComb has been receiving great accolades from the press and medical community. The LaserComb has been positively featured on NBC News Dateline, KABC Los Angeles and Fox News New York. Complimentary articles have been published in Good Housekeeping, Chicago Tribune, Cargo magazine and more. The LaserComb is rapidly establishing credibility on all domestic and international markets and the momentum continues to grow.

Lexington has new and exciting news about the LaserComb and we want to share this information with you.

FDA Update

Lexington has concluded a multi center, shame controlled, double blind placebo, clinical study. The study was conducted to the highest standards of clinical protocol and the results were VERY SIGNIFICANT. The data is being compiled and will be submitted to the FDA in late October or early November. We are very pleased with the results as they confirm the efficacy as outlined during previous studies. The FDA application has been a long and arduous process but we are entering the final stages and anticipate our long awaited clearance in early 2006. Many people have asked to see the results of the study. At this time we do not feel it is appropriate to publish these results until the FDA has had a chance to review them. We will publish the data at the appropriate time.

New HairMax Special Edition – HairMax SE

“Imitation is the best form of flatteryâ€￾ and the LaserComb has been receiving its fair share. A handful of copy cat products have been introduced in the past few months. Lexington is taking legal action against those that infringe upon our patents. One of the problems with the copy cat products is that they do not provide adequate laser energy or proper wavelength to be effective. These products are doing the laser hair industry a strong disservice. If a consumer purchases one of these inferior products and it doesn’t work for them (it can’t work for them because of the low power levels), then the consumer dismisses laser hair therapy completely.

In response, Lexington has decided to introduce the HairMax SE. The HairMax SE is 30% smaller than the original LaserComb and requires more time to implement the treatment. We have reduced the number of beams from nine to five making the laser coverage 30% smaller and as a result increasing the application time. We are targeting the HMSE for a retail price of $395 and outline the major differences below;

The Main differences:

HairMaxSE:

Laser beams .... 5
Life span .... 5-7 yrs
Warranty .... 12 months
Guarantee .... 12 weeks
Size .... 30% smaller
Beep feature .... No

Original HairMax:

Laser beams .... 9
Life span .... 10-15 years
Warranty .... 24 months
Guarantee .... 20 weeks
YBeep feature .... Yes

New lower price on original HairMax LaserComb

In addition, we have decided to reduce the resale cost of the existing Hairmax LaserComb from $645 to $545. We anticipate the reduced resale will open the doors of new markets as well as provide a solution to those who could not afford the $645 price.

----------------
Read the Lasercomb Product Review here: LASERCOMB

HairLossTalk.com

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
There are many studies on clinicaltrials.gov that are either currently recruiting, suspended, completed i.e. The Effect of 0.5% Roxithromycin Lotion for Androgenetic Alopecia

However any reference to the Hairmax lasercomb Phase II trials or lexington seems strangely absent. I wonder why that could be?

Japanbound

Reaction score
I believe Lexington to be a reputable product and have owned and sold and now own again a lasercomb. At first like most treatments I didn't commit to it, and I ended up selling it. However, watching dateline and seeing the guy who only used the hairmax grow hair, I bought one again.

I've also been told it's good post hair transplant for growth.

The company has been tight lipped since day one about the FDA, however I think that is because they don't want to put their reputation on the line with anything except perfectly accurate info.

I believe in this product, and I think the results will speak for themselves.

Again, that dateline study was a good measure of the products ability

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in the lasercomb especially if these trials show good results

What I would like to know though is how exactly it works. From what I can ascertain it seems to work by increasing healthy cell activity around the hair follice - but I'm not 100% sure