LaserComb 3'ed party report.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
After reading this 3’ed party report, I’m engorged to use it, I’m thinking I will get good results since I just shaved my head completely, what do you think guys, any LaserComb users here, can give me some feedback.
Thanks in advance.

>>>George, our twin who is married, says he regularly uses his laser comb. It's a $700 device that emits a low level laser that is supposed to stimulate the scalp. He says he has noticed a difference. Dr. Romeanelly, who did not know what each of our volunteers was using, feels George had good results.
Dr. Romanelli: "I think had some substantial results. I see some new follicles. New hair follicles in the crown. I think the results were very encouraging."<<<

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6590766

Jim Canter

Reaction score
"new follicles"

"new hair follicles on the crown" as if the hair follicles on the crown ever were gone. The hair follicles are still there bald or not. There are only three places on the body that hair follicles don't exist: the lips, the palms and the soles. The developement of new terminal hairs forming from miniturized dormant follicles is a finding. New hair follicles....ugh!!!

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You got that one right. We are born with all of the hair follicles that we will have in our lifetime. To say that we have "new" follicles is misleading. Probably what was meant is that the hair follicles that appeared dormant are now active again?

viperfish

Reaction score
Sam,
I just went through those 16 postings on the lasercomb. They give it a rating of 2.5 out of 5. I ask, how?? From those postings I would say that 6 people had positives to report on the comb and 4 had negative things to say about the lasercomb. However, the other 6 people you can not really count. Some of these people did not say how long they used the comb for and spoke negatively on the comb. You cannot count those as bad ratings for the comb. A couple of the people used it less than 5 months, not enough time to assess the true potential of the comb. So really if you think about it 6/10 saw positive benefit from the comb, excluding those who failed to mention how long they used it or did not use it long enough. That is what I get from that.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish,
How many months you have been on LaserComb and did you see any improvement in the hairline & temples areas.
However what about Eucapil, any link to their trail study!

Thanks in advance.

viperfish

Reaction score
I have been using the lasercomb for about 4 months now. I would say it has improved my hairline. I have alot of little hairs that have popped up and continue to get longer. You can check out fluridil at http://www.menspharma.com or http://www.eucapil.com. You can find the study at both of these sites to download. I just started using it the other day so I can't really comment on it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey Viper, hope the Eucapil works out for you, sounds like the LC has. One question: is Eucapil the same as Fluradil???

Bismarck

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Hey Viper, hope the Eucapil works out for you, sounds like the LC has. One question: is Eucapil the same as Fluradil???

Yes, it's the same (Eucapil/Fluridil = Propecia/Finasteride).

viperfish

Reaction score
Yes Bis is right. I really like it so far because it is dry in like 30 seconds. It also goes on real easy. Only thing is that my scalp has been kinda itchy from using it. However, today I used nizoral and this seemed to help quite a bit. I'll keep everyone posted.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
viperfish said:
Yes Bis is right. I really like it so far because it is dry in like 30 seconds. It also goes on real easy. Only thing is that my scalp has been kinda itchy from using it. However, today I used nizoral and this seemed to help quite a bit. I'll keep everyone posted.

VF...doesn't this stuff have a high alcohol content? You may be a little sensitive to it then. I had to stop using spironolactone because the high alcohol content irritated my scalp quite a bit. Just keep an eye on it.

whoops sorry...off topic :oops:

viperfish

Reaction score
BHD it does have a very high alcohol content so I will have to keep my eye on it. It is about 90+% isopropyl alcohol. However, they have included grape seed oil, which is supposed to conteract the oxidative effects of the alcohol. It is a very mild itchy feeling, which I hope resides within the next week or so. I figure using nizoral a couple of times a week and head and shoulders the rest of the week will help some. If this little bit of a itchy feeling continues I can deal with it as long as it does not get worse. spironolactone 2% caused alot of irritation almost right away, so eucapil at this point does not seem to be as irritating.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
cool...thanks for the info :)