Laser Treatment - I'm going for it.

TF2009

Reaction score
I know, I know, I know - it could all be bollocks, and most likely is.

BUT...I've been offered laser treatment for the price of £149, so I figure I've nothing to lose:

http://www.parkwoodclinic.co.uk/laser-hair-therapy.php

I have thought about this in the past, and almost paid £2k for it before seeking opinions from a number of people, and most advised me not to waste my money - so I gave it a miss.

But at this price, I couldn't resist.

If it works - great.

If it doesn't - I've lost £149, and I can forget about laser treatment forever.

I'll keep you all posted.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
raptorizedamazing said:
so are these lasers to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair from fallling out? i hope the best results happen man! good luck :D

Yes.

They repair cells with hopes that by repairing them they will multiple cell growth to thicken your hair and make it stronger. It's not an anti androgen, it's a growth stimulant. My understanding is you need some type of DHT Androgen Blocker for anyone with mild to heavy hair loss as you're going to "eventually" lose it without one.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
good luck with it, bro. keep us updated. i'm not optimistic though - the fact they showed ryan giggs as some kind of proof of success when he's clearly gotten his success from an hair transplant kinda makes it seem a bit shifty...

either way, good luck.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Laser treatment is FDA Approved and my understanding it can work very well after 6 months up to 2 years based off what I read. If you are going to use this temporarily, you're wasting your money.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ It's FDA approved for safety, not clinical effectiveness.

facepalm2.gif

Don't even know why I bother.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:

facepalm2.gif

Not sure why you did either being that I never said it was FDA approved for effectiveness.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Rogazzle said:

facepalm2.gif

Not sure why you did either being that I never said it was FDA approved for effectiveness.

Reading all of your statements above, what ever *else* could you have possibly meant to imply? I'm not going to tear you down, so forget about it. Lasers are worf-less, you can get the same sort of "stimuli" by sitting in full spectrum sunlight. And even then if you where to respond it's more likely attributed to evolutionary reasons than some unsubstantiated marketing theory.

Hair has protective features after all.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
smitysmity said:
Rogazzle said:

facepalm2.gif

Reading all of your statements above, what ever *else* could you have possibly meant to imply? I'm not going to tear you down, so forget about it. Lasers are worf-less, you can get the same sort of "stimuli" by sitting in full spectrum sunlight. And even then if you where to respond it's more likely attributed to evolutionary reasons than some unsubstantiated marketing theory.

Hair has protective features after all.

I was against lasers before as well but I read up on it recently and I believe it can be an effective growth stimulant for some. See below

http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1290

************* = hairlossfigh t.com.

Just overwhelming testimonials that it worked for some. Can't really dispute that.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
I was against lasers before as well but I read up on it recently and I believe it can be an effective growth stimulant for some. See below

http://www.**********.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1290

************* = hairlossfigh t.com.

Just overwhelming testimonials that it worked for some. Can't really dispute that.

^^^^ What part of -- "you can get the same sort of "stimuli" by sitting in full spectrum sunlight. And even then if you where to respond it's more likely attributed to evolutionary reasons than some unsubstantiated marketing theory.

Hair has protective features after all." -- Do you not understand?

BTW: Most of those retards are supplementing with topicals as well. That should explain something to you.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
Most of those retards are supplementing with topicals as well. That should explain something to you.

Assuming if it is "most" what about the "rest"?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Rogazzle said:
Most of those retards are supplementing with topicals as well. That should explain something to you.

Assuming if it is "most" what about the "rest"?

As for the rest? Most of the rest are supplementing with internals instead
lolsdu.gif

And the last few? Their progress doesn't even impress me.

LLLT is old hat.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lasers are bullshit, don't waste your cash.

If you really want to give away $150 feel free to PM for my postal address. I'll take it off your hands without lying to you in the process. :)

TF2009

Reaction score
Won't bother updating every week/fortnight, but just thought I'd let you all know I've been for my first session tonight.

48 minutes under the lasers.

Once a week for three months from now on, then once a fortnight for another three months.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
48 minutes under the laser? Isn't it a bit too long? What I read before it is only 15 minutes per session, and 30 minutes at the most what I have read!

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
knowingyou said:
48 minutes under the laser? Isn't it a bit too long? What I read before it is only 15 minutes per session, and 30 minutes at the most what I have read!

Yes 15 to 30 minutes, 3 times a week.