Laser damage?

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't remember who posted it, but someone said that they found a study that using the laser comb (wich I have) or having laser therapy can overheat your hair folilicle and damage it. Which would esentially kill it.

I know that not every study is valid but I really want to have some more info on this. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone either

I hope this is untrue, but I have been weary about using the comb ever since. Has anyone heard anyting similar to this?

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Laser hair removal uses a high level laser compared with low level laser used to stimulate hair folicies.

G

Has anyone had success with those "laser combs" ?

I looked at it's price and it is like 600 bucks :shock:

Headache

Reaction score
Full Head of Hair said:
Can't remember who posted it, but someone said that they found a study that using the laser comb (wich I have) or having laser therapy can overheat your hair folilicle and damage it. Which would esentially kill it.

I know that not every study is valid but I really want to have some more info on this. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone either

I hope this is untrue, but I have been weary about using the comb ever since. Has anyone heard anyting similar to this?

To answer your question, I don't recall ever reading a study about negative effects from the comb, but I do remember the theory discussed. I think it was just a statement made by someone that long term the lasercomb could actually have negative effects. I stress I have never seen this proven.

That said, I stopped using the Lasercomb recently as part of my treatment with the Big 3 because I think it's not helping me anymore. I used it for almost 3 years and it seems to do less for my hair over the last year.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with you headache. While I haven't used the LC for nearly as long as you, I really never saw results from it. Maybe I need to give it more time, though currently I'm not using it.

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
The recent addition of the laser comb (450 bucks on drugstore.com) and copper peptides have seen a nice development of darkly pigmented hair along my hairline about a centimeter below my current hairline. I'm sure it was hair that now appears to be growing darker and longer.. Hope the thickness will come in time!