Laser Combs

SteveH

Reaction score
Saw a TV program a few weeks ago that showed about 6 guys using different procedures for their baldness from Minoxodil to implants. Other than the implants, the best results seem to be from the laser comb. I have been wanting to try one, but I can only find 2 on the internet - the HairMax and one called Leimo. Does anyone know if one is better? The HairMax runs about $700 from their website, while I can only find the Leimo on ebay and they run about $300. Part of me thinks the $700 must be better (after all it's more expensive), but $300 seems like a deal. Any ideas?

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
The laser comb might be a good product, but you never know who sponsored the show. I'd like to see a four-year test against one group using minoxidil+nizoral+finasteride, one group using placebo-medications and one group using a placebo-comb.

If you can afford some experimenting you might want to give it a try, as it seems to have been approved for thickening. Keep us updated on your progress with it.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SteveH, that sounds like it might have been a rebroadcast of the Dateline story on the "Follicle Five"? There were five guys in the story who were using different hair treatments to regrow hair and one of those treatments was the LC. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6590766/ I've been undergoing laser treatment for more than two years and my progress in keeping the hair that I have and also gaining healthy, thicker hair is being acheived.

Greg

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MeMyselfandI, I'm using the LaserComb. BTW love your username 8) Three is a majority right?!

Greg

viperfish

Reaction score
I'm also using the comb and having some success. The next couple of months should be able to tell for sure!!

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley, shucks, you mean I'm also a user as well as a customer? Of course I'm more than "just a customer" :lol: I put my whole heart into everything that I do and I guess that comes across in my posts? I just want to share my progress with my fellow male pattern baldness sufferers.

Greg

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive thought the same about "Greg" myself. Hes been all over hairloss message boards bosting about his wonderful lasercomb results. But, whatever, at least he posted some pics. I wasnt too thrilled with his results, but at least he is.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
user and as well as a customer???? are you also a buyer of their product? how about a guy who uses their product? can i also consider you as laser comb dude?

u're busted

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Write a letter ot the FDA and ask them about the lasercomb

Hope for Hair

Reaction score
Got lasercomb yesterday

Got a lasercomb yesterday.Great deal off ebay so its worth a try!Will use it for the first time tonight and will keep you informed on my progress and experiences.Catch ya later!

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on lasercomb for a little over 3 weeks so far.. certainly enjoy using it and feeling the blood rush to my scalp. Cant report any progress as of yet as it is far too early, but if It fills back in a few thining spots or helps my hairline at all I'll call it success.

Reaction score
As far as laser combs go, have any of you tried this one?
http://www.amazinglasercomb.com/
Sounds like a half descent buy if it works like the expensive ones do.

$600 is way too much for me to spend on something that might not even have any positive benefits. I could handle spending $90 on this one though.

xylencia

Reaction score
from what tthis $90 laser comb looks like, I think I could build myself one is a cheap *** hair brush and a few dismantled laser pointers. The HairMax comb may be the same thing, but at least it looks "more real."

the website could look a bit more convincing as well, even with FrontPage a kid could do better...

ARRABIATA

Reaction score
I know no good deed goes unpunished but...I work at one of the leading hair loss companies you have heard of and while i believe my product (not to be named) works very well, I also speak to thousands of men a year. And based on these discussions I jumped on here cause I'm thinking about giving a laser comb a try myself! Not here to endorse any product but as a public service to tell you guys that I hear the combs have a modest to solid benefit for many users.

Don't over think it. Don't overspend. For a few bucks why not give one a try?

Gonna give it a shot myself. Not scientific. Not selling anything. Just my two cents.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that someone easily could build an alternative to the Lasercomb for one-tenth of the price. But I'll wait until the FDA makes their findings official before rushing to eBay to make a purchase. Although, not having to topically apply or injest medication would be a HUGE asset. I could easily comb my hair while reading, taking a bath, or watching television, which would be really nice. :)