Laser Cap Purchase - Hairmax, Kiierr or Illumiflow

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been doing LLLT for 2 years, and it’s done a good job with maintaining my existing hair with slight regrowth

I think the key to it, is to use a high powered helmet which off the rack devices are not
What device do you use?

jazz1

Reaction score
I use the Igrow.

Will44

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to post an update on my progress. I am on month 11 and have only noticed a slight increase to the thickness of my hair. No new growth areas but no additional hair loss. Trying to decide if I should return the Hairmax device and try something different or keep it and see what my results are after 1.5 years and 2 years
Due to my warranty expiring I have to make a decision this week.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to post an update on my progress. I am on month 11 and have only noticed a slight increase to the thickness of my hair. No new growth areas but no additional hair loss. Trying to decide if I should return the Hairmax device and try something different or keep it and see what my results are after 1.5 years and 2 years
Due to my warranty expiring I have to make a decision this week.

you should keep it if it is working

Will44

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I was hoping for better results with Hairmax cap. One option I was thinking about was returning the Hairmax cap and purchasing the I-Restore professional that contains both LED's and laser Diodes.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I was hoping for better results with Hairmax cap. One option I was thinking about was returning the Hairmax cap and purchasing the I-Restore professional that contains both LED's and laser Diodes.

LEDs are useless - might as well shine a torch onto your head

Will44

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I will stick with Hairmax laser cap and not return it this weekend to take advantageof the warranty. From what I read, it can take some people over a year to get substantial regrowth. I will give it one more year and if it doesn't work I will try selling it on Ebay.

CTD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the Theradome helmet that has 80 laser diodes. Could have sworn it was working initially but seemed to have lost it's effect after about 3 months of use. It didn't stop hairloss but it did result in a noticeable reduction in shedding. My existing hair also seemed to look fuller/healthier. About 2-3 weeks after it lost it's effect I noticed my scalp went back to feeling horrible again and I my usual heavy shedding returned. Prior to using the laser helmet I was using RU. I wanted to use the laser helmet as monotherapy to see how effective it was. It looked like the RU was helping a little bit because when I started using it again my scalp seems to be less inflamed. Unfortunately the RU wasn't as effective as the laser helmet when it comes to reduction in shedding. If I ever decide to use a laser helmet again I'm considering buying the Kiierr helmet as it has 272 laser diodes.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
Unless you are an electrician yourself and you can take the helmet apart and verify that all of the lasers in the helmet are actual lasers and not just LEDs, then you'll never know if what you purchased is legit or not.
It's pretty easy to tell the difference between lasers and LEDs. A laser will project a small point of light a long distance away. An LED will just generally light up an area, but there won't be a specific "spot".