Lain's story-(32 year old Aussie with a NW2) (I quit-pg. 4)

G

Yes, it is starting to fill in, hopefully this new area will thicken up. Your temples would look really good then. Even now I think that the frontal view of your hairline looks really good, I could hardly spot any hairloss on the first pic. Good Luck for your hair!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your hair looks good man

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking good... Looks like the Foam has like stripped the nasty miniturised hairs away from where they were before, but new growth is coming in, plus more where the NW1 would be. I reakon in 6 months its gonna look kick ***. I'm looking forward to starting the Foam in a couple of months!!!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bababa said:
Looking good... Looks like the Foam has like stripped the nasty miniturised hairs away from where they were before, but new growth is coming in, plus more where the NW1 would be. I reakon in 6 months its gonna look kick ***. I'm looking forward to starting the Foam in a couple of months!!!

do it now and u will look good in a copule of months! :lol:

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
I would, but I'm going over to Europe in a couple of weeks till August. I'm gonna order the stuff so when I get back its here for me to start. Loving it :)

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
bababa said:

Thanks (to everyone).

In those pictures my hair is relatively wet, I still have the weedy hairs (left temple more than the right), but they are stuck together. My progress (after 7 months of treatment) imo still not that great and I am not sure if I am going backwards or like you mentioned the weeds are falling out to be replaced by stronger hairs (and there is indication of this), because I have lost a lot of density in the left temple.

Foam is so cheap so I wont be giving up on it that quick and propecia still could do with more time to work.

tbh, when I started treatment I thought that I would have a better response. But I can wait ;)

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
***JULY UPDATE***
*** 8 MONTHS ***

No photos cos there is no visible improvement at all.

Hairline on the left hand side of widows peak is getting weaker while the right side is the same as at baseline. Left temple continues to thin out and recede.

Positive news though is that i noticed some tiny dark hairs on my left temple way past the hairline. But I have not much hope for this becoming cosmetically visible hair. However something is doing something, though I wish it kept the hair I already have.

In general I feel that my treatment is not working... kinda losing hope. But I have some hope left that things improve as I hit the 12th month mark (and beyond).

I purchased Retin-A from Dr.Lee to help with the foam absorption. I dont know how to use it, so I just use the little tip that is on the bottle and move it around till I feel my temple is wet then I leave it on. Some advice would be appreciated though.

Good luck all.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
those tiny hair wont make any difference cosmetically. I got some of it growing way below the hairline too. I am most concerned about the density of my hair than the hairline at the moment.

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Lain's story - (June update 7month)

*** ONE YEAR UPDATE ***

I dont come here much anymore but I thought Id come by and give the all important 1 year update.

Looking at the photos, there is not much difference, Im quite surprised really as my personal opinion (based on physical inspections and my memory) is that the left hand side has gotten slightly thinner.

I dropped Nizoral months ago as I dislike how it maes my hair feel. Im just about to swap foam for kirkland 5% liquid as I found it makes no difference to me so might as well save a few $.

I continue to take propecia. One thing I found is that I suffer from a runny nose and flu like symptoms more often than before I was on propecia and minoxidil.

1 year ago:

now:

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Lain's story - (1 year update)

Your hair looks MUCH better! Congrats.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you got GREAT hair brother, nobody will ever say you are thinning! :bravo:

G

In spite of the recession: Overall your hair looks fine!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Taugenichts said:
In spite of the recession: Overall your hair looks fine!

No worries, his hair is MUCH better than yours

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Lain's story - (31 year old Aussie with a NW2)

******** FINAL UPDATE ********

I quit all treatments 3 months ago. (around february 08).

I tought id come and let you guys know what my experience has been after quitting as when I used to come here regulary some people expressed their desires to quit (because they felt treatment did nothing) but were afraid of the consequences.

After being on minoxidil and propecia religiously for over a year and my hair still thinning at the very slow pace it has been for many years, I decided to quit for 4 reasons, possible health benefits of not taking medications (I had no side effects when I was on them), paying for nothing (it was not much, but its still money), it was a slight bother to apply minoxidil for me in the mornings before styling my hair and of course my feeling that it was doing nothing.

If the treatments worked for me I would not mind to put up with it.

Just like when I started treatment I had no sheds or notice any substantial thinning. Yah, hair is still getting worse, but not at any increased rate than before.

Feel free to ask any questions and good luck guys.

Obsidian

Reaction score
It looks good man, most people probably don't even think hairloss or if they do they do not think of it as that major.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Lain,

Your hair looks great man. To me, it looks like you have improved!! I'm hoping you can answer a question or two please as you have been on minoxidil for quite a while!
You mention in a prior post "I think my density is decreasing while I'm getting slight new growth". I am close to 10 weeks in on minoxidil. I apply it from the center of the vertex in a line all the way to the very front tip of my hairline. I also apply it along the whole right side of my hairline. I'm not sure if I should continue and this is where you come in?? I have lost about 30% density with slight regrowth of little white hairs (normally brown) in the very front center of my hairline but nowhere else such as the temple. I am afraid if I continue it will get to the point of no return and i'll be screwed! Did your density ever come back as you said it decreased with the treatment?? Please respond! Sincerely,
Tim

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
your hair does look very good, your hairline is very similiar to mine, to me it doesnt look like your losing your hair?:s

Tom28

Reaction score
Hi Lain,

Read that you have quit the use of all the medications and treatments.

In a nutshell, which of the following is your main reason for quiting?

a) treatments do not work at all (no effect)
b) treatments do not work as well as you thought (slight improvement)
c) treatments do not work at all and it make my condition worse
d) improve my conditon thus quiting now

THANKS!