Lace Vs Skin Thin Systems....which One

Kieran25

My Regimen
Reaction score
Be interested to hear peoples thoughts or experiences if you have moved from a lace system to thin skin system or vice versa. Whats the main difference? How is it maintaining etc. I currently have a lace system which I clean and wash by taking off every 2 weeks. Takes about an hour. And will water wash the hair once a week. I do my hairline prob once a week for touch up. I chose lace as I needed my scalp to breathe as I sweat alot.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be interested to hear peoples thoughts or experiences if you have moved from a lace system to thin skin system or vice versa. Whats the main difference? How is it maintaining etc. I currently have a lace system which I clean and wash by taking off every 2 weeks. Takes about an hour. And will water wash the hair once a week. I do my hairline prob once a week for touch up. I chose lace as I needed my scalp to breathe as I sweat alot.

I changed from a lace to 0.06mm thin skin about 3 weeks ago and love it. I also switched glue from Ghost Bond to Got2B for the front hairline and use tape for the perimeter. I think the hairline look more natural and I really can't feel any difference.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lace everywhere with poly base at perimeter except hairline. Has worked best for me as I can poly bond sides and back for 3-4 weeks easily, then redo hair line every week.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I changed from a lace to 0.06mm thin skin about 3 weeks ago and love it. I also switched glue from Ghost Bond to Got2B for the front hairline and use tape for the perimeter. I think the hairline look more natural and I really can't feel any difference.

Mine is supposily 0.5mm thin skin with lace front.

I do get itching problems after a few days when I sweat. Thin skin doesn’t breathe, although will try extenda bond tape soon as has it air holes in the tape and would circulate air through the lace front to the rest of my head.

Trying a scalp protector and no sweat when I have it put on again this month...I hope that stops the sweat build up from causing itching.
Mostly through a salon but learning at home how to apply it with tape as well.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I currently use tape all round and down the centre of the hair system.
As I got the fringe style so no exposed hairline.

Which ghost bond did you use?
I got ghost bond platinum to try soon. Regular and XL were crap and lifted after 4 days.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I currently use tape all round and down the centre of the hair system.
As I got the fringe style so no exposed hairline.

Which ghost bond did you use?
I got ghost bond platinum to try soon. Regular and XL were crap and lifted after 4 days.

I used GB classic for few weeks and switched it to Got2B for another few weeks or month. About 10 days ago, I switched it to Esha Absolute waterproof adhesive.

Quick review for Esha:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/my-first-diy-hair-system-experience.118851/page-4

Last edited: