Lace Fronts

s1nemesis1s

Reaction score
Doing some research on DIY and my current situation. What is the deal with the pieces that have a lace front? They say that they give you a very natural hairline for sideparts or even a comb back? I hear that the virtual reality systems have this option if you want, thought about having my salon try it on me. I dunno, just reading all I can. What are the upsides or downsides?
Thanks!

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A lace front is usually a flappy piece of lace (without hair) you can cut back when fitting and then continue to cut back as it frays. Once bonded down its discrete.

The term may be interchanged (in my view incorrectly) with lace (with hair) at the front of a piece if that makes sense.

s1nemesis1s

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the info.

Are there any advantages to this type of system or disadvantages?

I am hearing and reading that it gives you a more natural hairline that you can comb back without much worry. I am thinking about this.

My salon says that virtual reality offers a piece that has a lace front for a hairline that lends itself great to a comb back or a side part with a comb back which is what I am looking for. I also hear it is easier for those us who like to exercise in maintain?

Should I try it out? My salon says they can do it next time I go in. - 4 weeks. I am not unhappy with my current hairline, but I am afraid it might be a little more noticeable brushed back, you can see pictures in my VR "personal review" post. They say the lace lets you do this easier, brushed back look? I am also thinking towards a future when I DIY. I appreciate the help guys - I need to let my salon know what I want, and I want to be informed. I am combing the forums as well - but any help here is appreciated.