L-threonate may prevent Androgen-driven balding

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
I should have posted this study in this topic area in the first place. The research study is an in-vitro study done at the Kyungpook National University Hospital in Korea

Preventable effect of L-threonate, an ascorbate metabolite, on androgen-driven balding via repression of dihydrotestosterone- induced dickkopf-1 expression in human hair dermal papilla cells

http://74.125.155.132/scholar?q=cache:t ... s_yhi=2011

In a previous study, we recently claimed that dihydrotestoster-
one (DHT)-inducible dickkopf-1 (DKK-1) expression is one of
the key factors involved in androgen-potentiated balding. We
also demonstrated that L-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate (Asc 2-P)
represses DHT-induced DKK-1 expression in cultured dermal
papilla cells (DPCs). Here, we investigated whether or not
L-threonate could attenuate DHT-induced DKK-1 expression.
We observed via RT-PCR analysis and enzyme-linked im-
munosorbent assay that DHT-induced DKK-1 expression was
attenuated in the presence of L-threonate. We also found that
DHT-induced activation of DKK-1 promoter activity was sig-
nificantly repressed by L-threonate. Moreover, a co-culture sys-
tem featuring outer root sheath (ORS) keratinocytes and DPCs
showed that DHT inhibited the growth of ORS cells, which
was then significantly reversed by L-threonate. Collectively,
these results indicate that L-threonate inhibited DKK-1 ex-
pression in DPCs and therefore is a good treatment for the pre-
vention of androgen-driven balding. [BMB reports 2010; 43
(10): 688-692]

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
Might be worth a shot. Sabre Science sells the Magnesium L-Threonate as part of their two products. You'll have to contact them for the price.
info@sabresciences.com

iMagT (Mood, memory, concentration)
Per tsp: 200mg Magnesium L-Threonate, 2500mg inositol

iMagT Plus (sleep, metabolism, muscle mass, immune function)
Per tsp: 500mg Inositol, 200mg Magnesium L-Threonate, 600mg L-Ornithine, 500mg L-Arginine, 500 L-Lysine, 500mg L-Glutamine, 10mg Zinc

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
IN the patent they do not mention magnesium L-threonate.

Preferred Composition: The threonate is L-threonate. The threonate is chosen from calcium L-threonate, sodium L-threonate, chromium L-threonate and ferrous L-threonate.

Any other places to get this stuff as a topical?

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
Jkkezh - the only reason I suggested the Mag L-Theorante was because I thought that the L-Theornate in the Mag would have the best chance of by-passing the blood/brain barrier. There is some evidence (on rats, rat study) that Mag L-Theornate increases the size of the Hippo campus, improves memory in rats.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I just bought 3 months of Calcium L=threonate from Amazon.com...will see..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am taking 12x 500 mg of sulfasalazine ( high dosage) per day + 6x L-threonate (2x stronger than suggested dose) per day. Extreme dosage. I am in Afghanistan for the rest of the year.. Keep you updated with this. I also taking taking systematic enzymes to lower my CRP level to frigging low.

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee- are you using a specific supplement to keep your CRP level low or a you dieting and using supplements to reduce the level?

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it would be best to try to find a topical application of the compound. I feel that an interal supplement might just be excreated by the body, typcially these water soluble compounnds are just pissed out in excess. We have to find a way to apply this topically and locally.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
tonyj said:
squeegee- are you using a specific supplement to keep your CRP level low or a you dieting and using supplements to reduce the level?

I am taking some supplements to keep the inflammation f*****g low:

5-loxin
Sulfasalazine
Systematic enzymes ( Trevinol)
Lumbrokinase
Vinpocetine
Horsechesnut
Firbroboost
L-Threonate

Also eat healty as possible.. No deep fry sh*t no pops no junk.period.
I am conviced that hairloss is an Endothelial dysfunction.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Jacob.. I am having good results with Cystein Peptide from Nutricology..That stuff frigging works! I got a challenge for you.. Topical L-Carnosine! or acetyl l carnosine...I cannot find it...

Jacob

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Jacob.. I am having good results with Cystein Peptide from Nutricology..That stuff frigging works! I got a challenge for you.. Topical L-Carnosine! or acetyl l carnosine...I cannot find it...

Good to hear..or read! I finally used up the Swanson Cysteine Peptide product.

L-Carnosine..Elsom has it in their NanoScalp: http://www.elsomresearch.com/shopping/products/scalp-thinning-men.htm and I think via their Formulator.

Other than that..I dunno. You can get those eye drops that contain it..

Did you mean L-carnitine maybe? There's that L-Carnitine-L-tartrate that bcapop posted about some time ago..was even talking about getting a custom shampoo made with it. I could see if Elsom could get that for the Formulator..?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Squeegee,

Do you have an opinion on protandim?

http://www.protandim.com/

Way too much drama surrounding this product.. Apparently good for oxidative stress... I can't tell you an honest answer...So much better supplements on the market for less money..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Jacob said:
squeegee said:

Good to hear..or read! I finally used up the Swanson Cysteine Peptide product.

L-Carnosine..Elsom has it in their NanoScalp: http://www.elsomresearch.com/shopping/products/scalp-thinning-men.htm and I think via their Formulator.

Other than that..I dunno. You can get those eye drops that contain it..

Did you mean L-carnitine maybe? There's that L-Carnitine-L-tartrate that bcapop posted about some time ago..was even talking about getting a custom shampoo made with it. I could see if Elsom could get that for the Formulator..?

I am pissed that Swanson killed the product :( right price with no powder to deal with.. Cysteine Peptide taste like crap :puke:
But that one from Nutricology really works..Can see a real difference in my skin... Glutathione=most powerful antioxidant.

L-Carnosine support anti-glyation.. one of the best anti-aging supplement on the market.. I wish I can find an 100% l-carnosine in topical form :( I heard some auzzies is selling some I cannot find the cie... I have to check Nanoscalp.. from Esom..

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought this stuff as calcium l threonate from biocalth or whatever it is. I will extract the active ingreidnet from the pill and will make my own water based topical using thermascalp formulation as a base.

First I need to order some things, but I have already peformed the extractions. I just need some vials I ordered so I can make and store my solutions..

I plan on using about three pills per week, and I mean three pills that I preformed extractions on, and based just off visual I think I can get 200 mg calcium l-threonate from each pill using the crude methods I have for now. Basically A pill per weak on my scalp.

I am not worried about any side effects or calcium overdose. Even If i abosrbed 100% of the calcium, I would be far below the FDA upper limits of calcium consumption. L-threonic acid is virtually impossilbe to OD from. So, I am not affraid to consume this product.

It is not hard to make a topical with this stuff.

Anyone who is interested is welcomed to pm me.

Thanks.

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Per 15g:
L Leucine 5000mg
L Isoleucine 890mg
L Valine 2200mg
L Lysine 2200mg
L Phenylalanine 1800mg
L Threonine 1500mg
L Histidine 710mg
L Methionine 500mg
L Tryptophan 200mg

i can get 250 grams of this " per 15g " for 12.79 ...
Its just essential amino acids... ones that you must consume through diet as the body cant produce them naturally.

thinking about making a topical with it ... Could i just buy a standard tonic and add all this sh*t to it ?,Or do i have to buy distilled water and alcohol etc ?

also

Just bought this today :

http://www.vosene.co.uk/products/activating_shampoo

L-Arginine shampoo that costs £1 haha !

winner ,,, i was using one before that cost 8 times the amount