Kriss's Story

kriss

Reaction score
I am 41 years old. I have had thinning hair at my front hairline and on the side of the front hair line since I was in my early thirties. My crown area is fine.

I tried minixodili and propecia and other products like Avacor. For the last 4 years I have only used Proscar, which is supposed to be similar to Propecia.

It has seem to stop my hair from thinning anymore. There is a local Hair Restoration facility in my city. They offer a laser treatment. It's a machine that looks like the hair dryers woman would sit under at the beauty shop. The laser is suppose to increase blood flow to the scalp, there by increasing healthy hair. The laser is suppose to help keep the hair you got, and might promote some regrowth.

I have been happy with my hair until this past week I decided to use a product called Procede. I recieve the product and it said it was for the crown. I called Procede and they said it was fine to use on the frontal area. Well, after I applied it, about a THIRD of the hair on my frontal area fell out.

Procede told be that any damaged hair would fall off at the scalp with use of Procede. Know they tell me! They told me not to worry, that it would grow back thicker and healthier.

I hope it does grow back, but will it? and what to do in the meantime. Has anyone experience this problem with Procede? And how am I make myself presentable for the next 2 or 3 months, waiting for my hair to grow back - wear a hat everyday?

kriss

Reaction score
I assume bonk means : scam, useless? my main question for now is will the hair that fell out with procede grow back?

losingmyhead

Reaction score
Another ProCede Casulty

:evil: I'm mad. Mad at myself mostly. I should have read reviews of others like Kriss before trying this crap..that is..ProCede. I have a thinning crown and front hairline. The company claims that's what it's for-to thicken new growth. In the instructions it said to keep as much off your hair and on your scalp as possible. That's pretty tough when your thinning but not bald. They should have warned WHY that's important. This stuff ruined all the hair it touched. I lost hair, sufferd hair breakage and the rest of it turned into some find of thinned out strings that I might as well have lost. I guess I'll be getting a butch and hoping it grows back. Anyone want to file for a class action? There are NO WARNINGS, so beware![/b]

kriss

Reaction score
Man, I feel for you. I still don't understand how Procede claims it is a cosmetic product. The last 2 months have been rough, since I used Procede. Just now my hair is starting to resemble what it was before I used Procede. I had to style my hair differently for about a month, plus wore alot of hats.

I still don't think I have all the hair I had before, but I think that is because some of my hair is still in the early growth stage, and will look fuller as it matures - I hope.

So, hopefully your hair will grow back.

The first 2 or 3 weeks of this ordeal made me sick to my stomach everyday, it was hell. But then it got better. The only good thing is this made me face up to my hairloss, having endure the last two months with "alot less" hair has made me realize that if I do loss most of my hair, I will just have to live with it - life will go on. Still SUXS, but I think I can accept it more now.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Kriss, take a look at the Concealer forum, there's plenty of things to do to conceal the loss that look totally natural in the meantime. Specifically take a look at products such as Toppik, Couvre and Dermatch.