Korean Dish "kimchi" May Reverse Hairloss

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro your username is bald a**h**

and your regimen is a healthy diet

XD

I lost quite a bit of hair very young due to a medical treatment. I am not bald, but every male -and some females- in my family is. I am just trying to conserve and improve my hair, but I am NW2 at worst. I think that exercise and a good diet are helping. I am almost 30 now and people compliment my hair every now and then. @DogoDiLaurentiis said something that I feel is not correct. I take ginger, pepper or chilli in every single meal I have. I am a sucker for spicy sh*t.

1606292565369.png

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's excellent and very fortunate for you, but what that means is there's quite possibly a reaction in the body to capsaicin that exacerbates conditions in some and does not in others.

I absolutely believe there's a correlation to gastrointestional tract and stomach health and the skin and hair, and I believe that there may be something intrinsic about the compounds found in spicy foods and perhaps capsaicin itself that triggers a response which does peripherally induce hair shedding or loss.

I can tell you 100% once a relative of mine started heavily consuming foods that were spicy that their hair loss accelerated, I know others not related in which that exacerbated hair loss and there are clinical debates online among researchers as to what spicy food "actually does". All I can say is that after I abandoned eating chili oil (because I absolutely love vietnamese food), my hair exited a cycle of perpetual stop-start shedding and regrowth.

So that is actually very useful information, but it does not disprove anything I'm saying, in fact if anything, it means more research - of which I am not able to conduct is required, but thanks for letting us know.

I am sure that there is a correlation between intestinal health and hair. But I am not sure that every spicy food at every quantity is adverse to intestinal health. In fact, I think that research shows the opposite.

Gut Microbiota Mediates the Protective Effects of Dietary Capsaicin against Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation and Associated Obesity Induced by High-Fat Diet​

The beneficial effects of dietary capsaicin on glucose homeostasis are likely associated with the alterations of specific bacteria at the genus level. These alterations in bacteria induced by dietary capsaicin contribute to improved glucose homeostasis through increasing short-chain fatty acids, regulating gastrointestinal hormones and inhibiting pro-inflammatory cytokines.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I lost quite a bit of hair very young due to a medical treatment. I am not bald, but every male -and some females- in my family is. I am just trying to conserve and improve my hair, but I am NW2 at worst. I think that exercise and a good diet are helping. I am almost 30 now and people compliment my hair every now and then. @DogoDiLaurentiis said something that I feel is not correct. I take ginger, pepper or chilli in every single meal I have. I am a sucker for spicy sh*t.

View attachment 151550

There is actually a chemical component in ginger that is proven to slow down or impede hair elongation, so just thought I'd let you know.

I'm not out here talking sh*t.

One study on 6-gingerol, a compound in ginger, found reduced hair growth in mice as well as human follicles in vitro. Based on these results, researchers concluded that ginger could help inhibit hair growth or even intentionally remove hair.

That is of course when it is applied topically, like I said I wish I could find the study, but there was enough in it to indicate that in spite of the janus kinase pathway inhibition that there were other aspects of capsaicin which activated pathways which could potentially lead to hair loss.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure that there is a correlation between intestinal health and hair. But I am not sure that every spicy food at every quantity is adverse to intestinal health. In fact, I think that research shows the opposite.

Gut Microbiota Mediates the Protective Effects of Dietary Capsaicin against Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation and Associated Obesity Induced by High-Fat Diet​

The beneficial effects of dietary capsaicin on glucose homeostasis are likely associated with the alterations of specific bacteria at the genus level. These alterations in bacteria induced by dietary capsaicin contribute to improved glucose homeostasis through increasing short-chain fatty acids, regulating gastrointestinal hormones and inhibiting pro-inflammatory cytokines.

Like I said, in another study that I do not have access to at the moment there is another pathway activated by capsaicin which accomplishes potentially the same issue that 6-gingerol does.

Also I have inflammatory gut problems and capsaicin has never, and I mean -never- helped with that, it's always been a guilty pleasure that has left my stomach and guts sore afterward.

You were flat out wrong about ginger, so please concede you may be wrong about this.

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said, in another study that I do not have access to at the moment there is another pathway activated by capsaicin which accomplishes potentially the same issue that 6-gingerol does.

Also I have inflammatory gut problems and capsaicin has never, and I mean -never- helped with that, it's always been a guilty pleasure that has left my stomach and guts sore afterward.

You were flat out wrong about ginger, so please concede you may be wrong about this.
The study is here:

6-Gingerol (>95% purity; Sigma Chemical Co., St. Louis, MO) was dissolved in dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO; Solarbio Science & Technology Co., Ltd., Beijing, China).

DPCs (3 × 104 cells/well) were seeded into 96-well plates and incubated for 24 h before adding 6-gingerol at 5 or 10 µg/ml and then incubated at 37 °C for 48 h.

An isolated compound of ginger dissolved in DMSO and used in vitro at a really high concentration for 48 hours. I don't think that this shows that I was wrong about ginger, you will probably never reach those concentrations for that long in your body.

In fact, this compound is not even bioavailable as it is in humans, it suffers rapid glucuronidation and sulphatation.

Results
No participant had detectable free 6-, 8-, 10-gingerol or 6-shogaol, but 6-, 8-, 10-gingerol and 6-shogaol glucuronides were detected.

Even then, the concentration peaks at way lower than 1μg/mL.

The Cmax and AUC values (Mean±SE) estimated for the 2.0 g dose are 0.85±0.43, 0.23±0.16, 0.53±0.40, and 0.15±0.12 μg/mL.

And the half-life is way shorter than 48 hours.

The corresponding tmax values are 65.6±44.4, 73.1±29.4, 75.0±27.8, and 65.6±22.6 minutes and the analytes had elimination half-lives < 2hr.

You made a ludicrous and unsubstantiated claim, and you accusse others of being wrong without even citing any solid evidence. I may be wrong, mind you, this is not my area of expertise, but I don't think that you have any base to: a) make your first assertion. b) tell me that I am wrong, since I did not even proclaim the favorable effects of the use of ginger to the health of the hair.

Research Ginger and inflammation and microbiota if you are interested in learning something beyond "how you are left", until then, you are probably better off "not talking sh*t" in a forum not dedicated to research.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
The biggest mistake all these alleged "scientists" make in these kinds of studies and such is that Androgenetic Alopecia is determined by genetics and triggered by DHT.

Perhaps these kinds of foods could have some sort of positive affect on non-genetic hairloss, and possibly have anti-androgen properties. If they do have AA properties, you shouldn't consume them.

Diet and probably also radio waves no doubt have a lot to do with the increase in baldness among the youth. You should clear out all the processed, Jewish sh*t out of your diet and stop drinking things like beer that contain a lot of phytoestrogens and stuff.

These things f*** with your hormones and cannot be good for the hair.

The Kimchi study does mention AA and norwood scales - these participants were suffering from genetic male pattern baldness.

Radio waves? Jewish food? I don't even...

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to say "goyfeed", yes.

Anyway, diets of fake "food" loaded with high-fructose corn syrup and sh*t as well as all these increasingly-intense radio waves and wifi blasting through you all the time most definitely has negative health effects. That's what's really changed since WW2, and multiple studies across continents have confirmed men are losing hair at a younger age than ever before and fertility is just totally fucked.

If you don't believe that, you're probably the type that believes that a super chinese bat flu is totally killing 6 gorillion people right now even though you wouldn't even know the virus exists if they didn't test for it since it's just that deadly...
if you can read past the tin foil hat/ anti semitism there is an ounce of truth to what he is saying

holy sh*t though dude...