Koray Erdogan 5k Grafts: Results & Experience

Jessica Maan

My Regimen
Reaction score
My relatives give me suggestion hair transplant is the best to regrow my hair. Your images show the best results of the hair transplant. Thanks!

mikeming

My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit minoxidil for 4 months so I lost all my minoxidil hairs, and I am a very good responder to it. A similar thing happened before when I quit it for 5 months, so combine it with shock loss from a hair transplant, I'm not suprised the 1.5 - 3 month pics look so bad. Also yes I'm 26... 27 in a month. I have a few pics of the 5 month period i quit a few years ago, I'll post them for a comparison once i can be bothered
hi there, when you restarted using minoxidil 4 months after the transplant , did you use foam or liquid ? thank you in advance

MikeConner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, you must be delighted. A huge difference. Let's hope we can all be so lucky as to complain of our hair being "annoyingly thick".

mikeming

My Regimen
Reaction score
i've always used kirkland liquid minoxidil 5%
hi Thank you for your reply , i have stop rogaine for two month now and my heart rate go up to 90s which is higher than when i was on it . did you experience any thing like that? thanks againe

codswallop

My Regimen
Reaction score
This will be my final update. Hair still great, sides & back are much more manageable than before as they used to be stupidly thick. So 2 in 1. One thing to note is, they transplanted some curly hair from the sides into the top (where the hair is straight), which grew back curly for a while and made my hair really messy for about a year due to the mix of straight and curly hair in the same place, but all the curly hair on top gradually became straight, and now all the hair is uniform and neat again. It seems when a hair follicle gets transplanted in a different area of the head, it can change from curly to straight. o_O

topicalthunder

My Regimen
Reaction score
This will be my final update. Hair still great, sides & back are much more manageable than before as they used to be stupidly thick. So 2 in 1. One thing to note is, they transplanted some curly hair from the sides into the top (where the hair is straight), which grew back curly for a while and made my hair really messy for about a year due to the mix of straight and curly hair in the same place, but all the curly hair on top gradually became straight, and now all the hair is uniform and neat again. It seems when a hair follicle gets transplanted in a different area of the head, it can change from curly to straight. o_O

There’s been a couple of studies on this I think. It’s why body hair transplants/beard transplants work.

After a year or two, the follicle will start “mimicking” the surrounding follicles. This led to the idea of plucking hairs to get regrowth.

And people wonder why we don’t have a cure yet!

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any final pictures you could share?

kevinlaforce

My Regimen
Reaction score
im thinking of stopping finasteride and prepare myself for a hair transplant have got any better i was barely receding when i began i thoght be smart starting early now im thinning and receding on finasteride... anyone with advice i wanna quit finasteride because it aint working that proper almost no sides few minor wouldn't mind to continue finasteride if it actually worked ..now my aim is hair transplant any thoughts my plan is quiting treatments all together and save money for a few transplants course during the next decade starting next year when have £ on the side

any thoughts

thank in advance folk

codswallop

My Regimen
Reaction score
im thinking of stopping finasteride and prepare myself for a hair transplant have got any better i was barely receding when i began i thoght be smart starting early now im thinning and receding on finasteride... anyone with advice i wanna quit finasteride because it aint working that proper almost no sides few minor wouldn't mind to continue finasteride if it actually worked ..now my aim is hair transplant any thoughts my plan is quiting treatments all together and save money for a few transplants course during the next decade starting next year when have £ on the side

any thoughts

thank in advance folk
You need to stabilise the loss before you get a transplant. Or at least slow it to a point where you're losing very little, else you'll just end up needing another transplant later and using up all your donor supply too early.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thickness & density is just the same as my last update. 1 year post op for me was when it reached peak. The only difference is it's straighter now.

If you can, it'd still be nice to see an update, as your last pic shows the transplanted hair not matching the color or texture of surrounding hair. I've heard, as you said, that over time the texture changes to blend in, so it'd be interesting to see that.

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have nice results, but that's because you used 5K grafts! Your donor area is now limited if you have further hairloss - that will be an issue for YOU, not the hair transplant doctor.

Of course, the hair transplant doctor doesn't care because he got his before/after picture for more marketing. Also, it's pretty clear that the clinic wet your hair in the before picture to make the hair look less dense. The doctor used every trick possible.

Last edited: