Koray Erdogan 5k Grafts: Results & Experience

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We all have the same pattern some just take longer to get there. If your crown is stable then 4k grafts will rebuild your face frame. Don't do it unless you respond without sides to finasteride.

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
We all have the same pattern some just take longer to get there. If your crown is stable then 4k grafts will rebuild your face frame. Don't do it unless you respond without sides to finasteride.

Thanks! And what do I do if I do get sides fromFinasteride? What options do I have then?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! And what do I do if I do get sides fromFinasteride? What options do I have then?
Well technically the surgeon may tell you that you wont need it, but that would only apply to the transplanted hairs if done correctly. Its whether or not you can stabilize your remaining hair which is the problem. There is good evidence that RU and possibly Brotzu will maintain existing hair. However i found that RU was also good at keeping the transplanted hair in good strong condition too.

Most people don't get sides from Finasteride but you should wean yourself on to it by using a quarter of a 1mg tablet. If that is effective for you then just stick with that, if it isn't then go for the full 1mg. If you start getting forgetful or brain fog than stop and change for something else.

shookwun

Reaction score
DONT FALL consumer and victim to unethical doctors convincing you to have a transplant when you aren't responding or willing to take medication. especially if you are on the advance side of hair loss.

you will play catch up, and inevitably never make it while sinking your bank account for results that are not worth there weight.

maintaining your hair is number one priority, everything else is the chery on top

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just finished surgery with Erdogan a few days ago (finished on 21st) so not much to show at the moment, but I'll post here to update at regular intervals. :) I'll give some info about the procedure and what to expect, as well as try to give some advice.

I was NW3 with diffuse thinning and prior to surgery had been using Propecia for 3 yrs, Kirkland 5% liquid minoxidil 5 yrs, Nizoral 2% for 1 yr.

Graft stats:

Total grafts: 5024
hair/graft ratio: 2.13
Total donor capacity: 8400

Cost:
12,500 euro's which included 5 nights accomodation at clinic, taxi to/from airport, take-home treatment kits and full catering.

Before:
View attachment 71194
View attachment 71182 View attachment 71081 View attachment 71078 View attachment 71079 View attachment 71082

After:

View attachment 71193 View attachment 71080 View attachment 71083

Experience:
Day 1:

As soon as I arrived at the airport, one of the clinics 3 drivers was waiting for me. When I arrived at the clinic I had to stick my shoes in this machine which wraps them in plastic film. So first impressions were they are serious with hygiene. I had my heart rate checked and had a blood test, and then had an initial consultation with Erdogan. Then I had my head shaved and saw Erdogan again who did what I thought was a very thorough hairline design with his business partner giving her opinion, and drew a load of blue lines on my head (see pics above).

Day 2: Hairline
They expect you to be at the clinic early (~7:30am). I stayed at the clinic so I just had to go in the lift... but if you are staying at the hotel, one of their drivers will bring you to the clinic (2-3 minute drive away). The day starts with breakfast in the clinics canteen with the other patients, while everyone waits for their call to surgery with a typical 8am start and 5-6pm finish. First were the extractions which were carried out by technicians. This was the worse part. It's the most painful and you have to sit in the same upright position for 5 hours. Then it was lunch, followed by incisions, which is more comfortable than extraction since you can lie down... and its generally less painful. Erdogan himself does the incisions, which only takes about half an hour (for ~2.5k). Then it's the implantation phase which takes about 3-4 hours, again carried out by a team of technicians and you can lie down again. After that, you are taken to the salon room and sit under this weird pleasantly warm laser thing for a while which is supposed to help heal the wounds quicker. At this point you are usually in the salon with all other people who were in surgery that day, and then Erdogan comes and checks everyone over.

Day 3: Scalp and vertex
Same as day 2 but different area

Day 4:
First wash, final check by Erdogan and photo's.

The team of technicians who I had consisted of 4 people; 2 who were working directly on my scalp, and 2 working with the grafts. Then there's another member of staff who is there with you most of the time (who speaks your language) incase you need anything, e.g. ipad for movies, drinks, snacks. The anaesthetist also makes round visits to each surgery room ( I think there's 4 in total) to check on your pain levels and if you need any medication (oral or intravenous) in addition to the local anaesthetic. Sometimes Erdogan's business partner came to visit too to check on the surgery, and even did some of the extractions and implantations on day 2. They do a very good job on making you comfortable during surgery. Again, they are very serious with hygiene, with all surgery rooms being 2 floors underground, behind a sterile zone.

The surgery was more painful and taxing on the body than I thought it would be. I had numerous strong painkillers and lots of local anasthetic. I had a painful burning sensation which was particularly bad on the 2nd day during extraction. There was no point during the surgery where pain was severe, but when moderate pain carries on for 2 hours straight, it gets to you. But note that the other people at the clinic I met seemed to think it was painless, with one even sleeping through part of it, so maybe I'm just a little resistant to local anasthetic.

The following ~2 days after surgery I felt ill (weak, exhausted, in pain), and had some pretty bad facial swelling but on the 3rd day I was mostly back to normal apart from pain in the donor area which I have to take ibuprofen for every night else it hurts too much to rest my head on my pillow. Anasthetic cream helps a little during the day, but it's quite painful still.
How’s the hair mate?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Overkill on the grafts IMO. Could have done it with half of that. Thats the problem with that particular doctor, they offer cheap prices but balance that with stupidly high graft counts

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m getting 4500 grafts with this doctor in September

Cannot wait. No more frontal island and crap hair day every day

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow it looks like it’s going to be an Impressive improvement… Just curious you probably wouldn’t have taken the time to notice but is his clinic wheelchair accessible?

Edit: oh I just saw your your up-to-date photos looks a little disappointing but only four months in

Last edited:

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well technically the surgeon may tell you that you wont need it, but that would only apply to the transplanted hairs if done correctly. Its whether or not you can stabilize your remaining hair which is the problem. There is good evidence that RU and possibly Brotzu will maintain existing hair. However i found that RU was also good at keeping the transplanted hair in good strong condition too.

Most people don't get sides from Finasteride but you should wean yourself on to it by using a quarter of a 1mg tablet. If that is effective for you then just stick with that, if it isn't then go for the full 1mg. If you start getting forgetful or brain fog than stop and change for something else.

Attachments

• E1CEBA81-718F-43C4-BC46-9379AFF0EA73.jpeg
    E1CEBA81-718F-43C4-BC46-9379AFF0EA73.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,367

codswallop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for late update, I'll give an update with photo's tomorrow after my shower with wet hair, as thats what the original pics are.

I have pretty much forgotten about hair altogether after the 6 month mark, but it carried on getting thicker even up to now, and it is almost annoyingly thick now (i am pleased to say :D). Minoxidil sure is quicker to apply into thin hair :mad:. The right temple is still slightly behind but is only noticeable if you look closely under bright light.

As a positive side effect, my sides & back used to be super annoying because it was so damn thick I used to use thinning scissors, but it feels much lighter & more obedient after the transplant.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro, I am here 1 year later! any update pic?
you have re started minoxidil ? no dark circle with it?

codswallop

My Regimen
Reaction score
So... 1 year update, with slightly wet hair.

This is when I have deliberately tried to part it to reveal thinner areas:
IMG_20181117_003305.jpg
Pretty difficult to reveal thin area's these days, even when I try...

This is what it looks like normally:
IMG_20181117_003132.jpg
Notice the hair is darker in the transplanted areas. That's because my hair is darker round the sides & back, oddly enough. Well not anymore.

Left temple is perfect
IMG_20181117_003156.jpg
Notice the second upper mole on my left temple that i've been using as a way marker (very visible in the pre op pics) has completely disappeared in hair now.

Right temple has a slight thin patch. but barely visible unless you are trying to look for it:
IMG_20181117_003407.jpg
IMG_20181117_003225.jpg
IMG_20181117_003321.jpg
IMG_20181117_003405.jpg

Last edited:

ICUman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, excellent result. Your hair looks amazing! Thanks for updating us. I bet it's nice to have more confidence from better hair.