Kombucha

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
I just found out about this stuff recently and wondered if anyone knows anything about it. Its basically fermented chinese tea. I drank a bottle of it yesterday. It was hard to get down because it tastes like carbonated vinegar and smells like rotten fruit, but I have to admit, I felt amazing for the rest of the day. I had been a little hung over and tired, but all that cleared up, my digestion felt instantly better, and I had this amazing mild buzz going on. Granted, some of this might have been in my mind, but has anyone else experienced this?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Where did you buy it? I always wanted to try it...

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
It's weird, its kind of hard to find, but the little deli by my house carries it. You can probably find it in health food stores. I know you can make it yourself, but this seems really risky to me. Plus, I would highly recommend making sure you can stomach the stuff before you grow a quart of it in a jar under your kitchen sink.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Bud!

Starseed

Reaction score
I lived in Japan two years, and encountered this crap occasionally. :puke: Most Japanese stick to good ol'fashioned Green Tea.