Know Any Good Alternative To Toppik?

BigBrother69

Reaction score
Just tried the stuff. Yes, it covers. But it also is nasssssty.

1. By the end of the day my fingernails are near black from just regular hair touching.

2. I have to use a bunch of the stuff to get any results (I'm only a Norwood 1.5 in the temples and 3 in the vertex.) At $38 a bottle, not ideal.

3. Clean up. Oh my God. My sink area looks like an oil spill area when I run water around it to clean up.

Are there any products people recommend as an alternative? I don't mean another keratin powder that'll basically do the same thing, I mean some entirely different style of product that perhaps works differently to thicken.

Thanks all!

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
There is dermmatch, and then there are volumizing powders. How well they will work depends on a number of factors. A picture of your hair would help. How much density do you have? Are you diffuse thinning or do you have bald patches? How long do you keep your hair on top?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is dermmatch, and then there are volumizing powders. How well they will work depends on a number of factors. A picture of your hair would help. How much density do you have? Are you diffuse thinning or do you have bald patches? How long do you keep your hair on top?

Dermatch? I spent a fortune on that crap., trying to get the colour right. Light brown, medium brown, has an orange tinge and doesn't match at all.
If you have black hair it might work, but its 2x the price. Toppik is still the easiest and cheapest solution.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I Dermmatch too, the color is definitely not correct. However the trick is to apply wet, then blow dry, then take a few paper towels and get the intense color off your hair / blend it in more with nearby hairs so it's not just on balding spots. Once dry and blended, apply your Toppik.