KJ Apa - Is this guy wearing a system?

Blurred Hairlines

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw this random clip of him during an interview and I couldn't help but notice his hairline was a little sketchy. Did a Google search and I believe he started the Riverdale series dyeing his hair red at like a Norwood 1, and has since recently transitioned to a hair piece full-time because he noticed over the years he started balding.

Photo 1 = his natural hair which looks thin and receding to me at the temples.

Photo 2 = Hair system? This is a from a video of him on Ellen.

I think this transition is fairly recent because most of the photos on Google are clearly him with a natural hairline. However, there are some recent photos where I am left wondering whether it looks 'unnatural' due to the red hair dye or he has recently made the jump to a hair piece before his situation became worse and people would notice.
*He has gone on the record saying he dyes his hair for the series, and this is very obvious from the onset of the show. So it's definitely not a 'wig' for the sake of being an actor. These screenshots posted below are taken of him off the set and in his daily life.

I'm just wondering because this guy is a huge sex symbol and i don't think anyone has ever questioned it... am i tripping or this a hair piece?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 4.25.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 4.25.00 PM.png
    278.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 4.25.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 4.25.21 PM.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 198

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, he looks old for his age. Second, he just grew his hair out. Doesn't look like a har piece.

Last, huge sex symbol? For whom? Twitter teenage fangirls?

Blurred Hairlines

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, he looks old for his age. Second, he just grew his hair out. Doesn't look like a har piece.

Last, huge sex symbol? For whom? Twitter teenage fangirls?
You're right.. I thought he was like minimum 28 years old. Damn. And okay, I just assumed based on the density but maybe I was mistaken.

Also, yeah - Riverdale was the most watched show on Netflix in many countries during 2018. Girls were/are obsessed with that dude. What do you define as sex symbol? In order to be a sex symbol, you need women who are 30+ to be attracted you ?

Noah

Reaction score
You simply can't tell. That is the thing about a modern hair system - if it's well designed, well-cut-in and well maintained you really can't tell. He certainly has very thick hair and a very full hairline. Even if it's mostly natural, it could well be augmented with clip-in hair extensions. That is very common now in the performing industry to create that uber-luxuriant K-Pop look. Or it could be a hair system. Only his 3 full-time hairstylists and 5 make-up artists know for sure.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right.. I thought he was like minimum 28 years old. Damn. And okay, I just assumed based on the density but maybe I was mistaken.

Also, yeah - Riverdale was the most watched show on Netflix in many countries during 2018. Girls were/are obsessed with that dude. What do you define as sex symbol? In order to be a sex symbol, you need women who are 30+ to be attracted you ?

I know Riverdale was popular, I just don't know who this guy is, never seen any girl I know talking about him. I actually don't know who are the guys considered sexy anymore, it has been always the same artists for years.