Kirkland's Minoxidil Foam now available...

JWM

Reaction score
Did you notice better results with the foam, or do you like it better because it's easier on your scalp?

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
walmart now also has generic "equate I think" minoxidil foam. Quite a bit cheaper than the rogaine.

hydrocynus

Reaction score
I just bought a 6 month supply at my local Costco (Ft Myers) for less than 50 USD. The Equate at Walmart is something like 32-35 USD for 3 months. What a steal!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
JWM said:
Did you notice better results with the foam, or do you like it better because it's easier on your scalp?

BOTH... I used the regular generic minoxidil for years before switching and noticed both as a result. Also note that I only once per day because of cost and convenience.

castanza

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was reordering some Rogaine Foam online and noticed Kirkland Foam is now available. Great news. Came by to make sure it was posted here and saw this thread already letting everyone know.

You can also find kirkland foam at Solutions4hairloss.com which was actually cheaper than amazon. Its where I buy mine, cheap bundle packages if you combine with regenepure shampoo. Use discount code of $1off to get another dollar off each product. Dont know when it expires.

I'll try to give an update on if it effectiveness, differences to rogaine foam, and if any scalp itchiness after a couple weeks of usage if I remember.

See ya!

Alhairmist

Reaction score
I just found this may not be a good news for Kirkland liquid lover. It seems that they have stopped making liquid 5% minoxidil. I went to Kirkland store today, there was not a single bottle of liquid minoxidil. All it had was Rogaine and Kirkland foam.

Reaction score
Does minoxidil foam leave any residue? With kirkland topical every few days I can scratch off a thin white layer from my temples...at first thought it was my skin but seeing since it occurs so often and my skin below doesnt get red/irritated I'm thinking it must be at least part residue of the liquid...

:hump:

beaner

Reaction score
I doubt they will completely stop making the liquid but it does look like it's becoming scarcer. Ebay used to be full of kirkland minoxidil and now almost no one has it and the price has almost doubled. I just bought a 3 month supply for $25 and that was the cheapest I could find. :(

My suggestion is to buy now if you can find it.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
The only difference in minoxidil to me is the difference between foam and liquid. Liquid seems to be more effective, and foam more convenient. Brand doesn't seem to matter.

This is all for me of course, but its an example for you.

beaner

Reaction score
joshua said:
Would't other liquid minoxidil brands such as Equate and Member's Mark have the exact same ingredients and therefore provide the same results?

Certainly, but Ebay doesn't seem to have much of that either. Put '5% minoxidil' into the Ebay search engine and it's mostly foam that comes up.

JWM

Reaction score
Joshua,

Are you still using Folligen for Blondes?

Also, is there a Costco near you? The one near me still has Kirkland liquid.

findmyhair

Reaction score
joshua said:
beaner said:
Ebay used to be full of kirkland minoxidil and now almost no one has it and the price has almost doubled.
That's what I discovered as well, dammit. I don't really feel like stocking up on the stuff, unless I know for sure that the expiration date is several years ahead.

Would't other liquid minoxidil brands such as Equate and Member's Mark have the exact same ingredients and therefore provide the same results?

Dude, stumbled upon this thread just before I buy my next kirkland 5% minoxidil, I saw something that it was discontinued in the us. Try SPECTRAL.UHP 5% 3 month supply. it was a £1 cheaper than kirkland 5%. Kirkland is still the same price here in the UK and doesnt appear to be going anywhere yet. I saw this on the same page of the internet site that i buy my minoxidil from. If you do find an alternative keep us posted ;) I'm tempted to switch but gonna wait a while as just had hair transplant so dont want to change things just incase my head doesnt like it!

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes Kirkland supplier did stop producing it's liquid brand, as well as Equate (Walmarts brand) and Target (w.e it was called).

They were all made by the same manufacturer that made Kirkland and they all switched to foam consequently. Walmart has a new liquid Equate brand but it is from a different supplier.

Old(Kirkland):
yvzCD.jpg

New:
wj6ST.jpg

Student

Reaction score
Ya same thing, I cannot find the liquid anywhere. Used to be so cheap to get liquid, and with longer hair, foam just does not get to the scalp without using half a bottle.

Anyone know of a place to get 5% liquid comparable to Kirkland? $20 a tube just is not reasonable. Does Sam's Club offer something like it?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agahi said:
The only difference in minoxidil to me is the difference between foam and liquid. Liquid seems to be more effective, and foam more convenient. Brand doesn't seem to matter.

This is all for me of course, but its an example for you.

There's more of a difference to me between Kirklands Minoxidil and Rogaine foam.

Kirklands minoxidil solution has propylene glycol and Rogaine foam doesn't. Kirklands makes my scalp itch and Rogaine doesn't.

The majority of people say the two are the exact same thing with only foam and liquid being the difference, but that's just false. They're not the same. Rogaine foam does not have PG.

CCS

Reaction score
Do any of the generics not use perfume? The reason I quite using the foam was the strong perfume it used. I'm sure everyone could smell I was using it. And if I want a different smell, I can't, because Rogaine already chose my smell for me.