KIrkland Minoxidil.. turning brown?

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
I was using Kirkland Minoxidil for a long time I switched places where I've been ordering from the past year or so,I notice that stored in the proper room temperature even though I zoomed past a bottle of kirkland in 2 weeks... (even with an expiration date of '08) it turned brown after awhile .. the bottle was closed tightly.. no air or anything hitting,I ask has this happened to anyone else?Could it maybe be it does this to everyone,or I had a company that was supplying the kirkland was bad???? I don't see how it could be bad because it looked good and well smelled like the real kirkland ...place is onlyhairloss.com sells an 8 month supply for 57.20! Is this normal for kirkland minoxidil to do this????

P.S I now use Rogaine FOAM but still wonder .. what was happening to that kirland minoxidil!

Hope this helps someone
Rich :)

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Otis well the way I was using the minoxidil I'd be broke :) I didn't come on the boards for awhile.. so never saw the foam,I saw an article people thought it was a new rogaine and people were pissed it was just a foam so I never tried it,I then came back on the boards and saw so many people on it and got a great deal on the foam,I agree I should have been on the name brand BUT I couldn't afford it better to be on the generic 5 % kirkland than nothing...:) I don't see how people can use 1 ML on their whole head,I know they say balding areas or thinning truly can't see 1Ml covering someone's entire scalp hairline temples... mid and crown... I use too much and I always admitted that .. but my scalp always handled it well (until I over used the retin-a cream lol)! now I know "pea sized amount"! I'm hoping I can either maintain or gain some hair using the foam... also switching back to Nizoral 2 % brand name also,any luck on finding the retin-a liquid?

*Rich*

robtak

Reaction score
nuttyrich,
I did notice some brownishness in the bottles also.
Using Kirkland for four years, then bam Jan 07 - itchy, flakey, redness on scalp.
Now started the foam.
Anybody else???? :shock: