Kirkland Minoxidil Foam - are either of these fake?

Gianni82

Reaction score
Living in Australia, I'm unfortunately not spoilt for choice when it comes to purchasing Kirkland minoxidil. I'm aware that there are other foam options, however, this is the cheapest (and perhaps for a reason) alternative.

Looking to understand if either the can on the left or right looks sus, or, if Kirkland had made cosmetic changes to their packaging within the last 6 months (when I'd purchased the can on the right).

Both are from 'reputable' ebay sellers and I'm now concerned about what I've been putting on my scalp for the last two years or what I'm about to put on it as I've recently changed to another ebay supplier due to the former being out of stock.

I've come across articles online re what to look out for, however, these are somewhat dated.

Main differences (there are many more)

Front:

Left: reactivates hair follicles to stimulate regrowth

Right: revitalises hair follicles.

The black shadow on the right can around the 'topical aerosol' area is far more visible than the left.

Back:

Completely different, too many differences to name. Most notable difference that sticks out is what I assume to be the batch number and expiry. The can on the left has a black background.

Your wealth of knowledge in this area is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• received_1358032004952637.jpeg
    received_1358032004952637.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 159
  • received_980565320016153.jpeg
    received_980565320016153.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 164

sunlight2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't identify if it's fake but as many have pointed out before, it's hard to understand why fraudsters, presumably looking to make a lot of money, would embark on faking minoxidil foam as a way of doing that since it's so cheap to make in the first place.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed. You usually find fake stuff like with controlled drugs or drugs that are very hard to find. In the US, Minoxidil is readily available and very inexpensive.

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of these are fakes!!....I tried and used some!!...this has always been my issue with buying minoxidil!....some times it's hit or miss!....how do we know we're getting exactly 5% of minoxidil?? ....do we just say "I trust them!"....how do we know???.....it be nice if they had some sort of test strip paper or something to see the ingredient strength.