Kintor Pharmaceutical Announces AR-PROTAC (GT20029) Approved for Acne and Androgenic Alopecia Clinical Trials in China

bekeero

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing news especially for the younger folks. If it outperforms finasteride it will be a great product with almost no side effects. Probably won't do much in the regrowth department but Kintor sounds like the real deal. They are moving super fast, I just find it a bit strange that they compete with their own product (Pyrilutamide) but maybe the different mechanism from GT20029 is even better.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for this, but are the potential sides of this not going to be far greater then current topical AAs? Imagine this going systematic and degrading AR receptors in other tissues.

clams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing news especially for the younger folks. If it outperforms finasteride it will be a great product with almost no side effects. Probably won't do much in the regrowth department but Kintor sounds like the real deal. They are moving super fast, I just find it a bit strange that they compete with their own product (Pyrilutamide) but maybe the different mechanism from GT20029 is even better.

I dont think it’s strange. This is cutting edge technology while Pyrilutamide is less so but is essentially guaranteed for success.

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
surprised this doesnt have that much hype around it, or does it? seems legit yet something like brotzu lotion gets 10x the hype as this lol

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor seems to talk less than any other company in this field, they rather execute.

btw: anyone invested in Kintor? Their pipeline looks promising, the stock exploded since late 2020

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor seems to talk less than any other company in this field, they rather execute.

btw: anyone invested in Kintor? Their pipeline looks promising, the stock exploded since late 2020
I thought about it but it's hard to tell what drives the stock price. They have different products in the pipeline..

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for this, but are the potential sides of this not going to be far greater then current topical AAs? Imagine this going systematic and degrading AR receptors in other tissues.
Someone already put some BroScience on it lol.

Due to it being a small molecule and having a bigger affinity and degrading properties, it attaches directly to the receptors, located in follicles and scalp, and because of that, there aren't many left-overs going further down the route. Other topical AA's would accumulate further into the body, as they get outcompeted by endogenous androgens to the AR and do not attach to direct AR's in follicles and scalp, but more-over to AR's less concentrated with androgens. We do know that hormones get synthesized in the follicle itself.

It sounds pretty logical, but it's purely speculation and not scientifically based.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, if this shows promise/safety in a phase 2 study the hype around it will start to get pretty crazy. If the AR is responsible for keeping follicles dormant I wonder what type of growth reaction you could get in conjunction with wounding when the AR receptor no longer "exists".
The AR is not responsible for keeping them dormant. Castration after the onset of balding halts its progression but does not reverse it. The PRLR might be responsible for keeping stem cells dormant. It would be a possible explanation for why hair loss usually happens around age 40 when testosterone declines and prolactin increases, although DHT stays the same and I don't know about scalp dht/prl.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
The AR is not responsible for keeping them dormant. Castration after the onset of balding halts its progression but does not reverse it. The PRLR might be responsible for keeping stem cells dormant. It would be a possible explanation for why hair loss usually happens around age 40 when testosterone declines and prolactin increases, although DHT stays the same and I don't know about scalp dht/prl.

Is it a consensus that hair follicles don't die but remain dormant in bald scalp?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it a consensus that hair follicles don't die but remain dormant in bald scalp?
Yes, but not forever or for everyone, but in most people for a very long time, decades even.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I though that hair loss estabilishes usually in your 40s, although I know that is very variable

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but not forever or for everyone, but in most people for a very long time, decades even.
Hello Pegasus, I would like to know your opinion about this possible treatment in people with miniaturized or fuzzy hair. I have seen cases that with only dutasteride they have thickened part of their miniaturized hairs. Thanks.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Pegasus, I would like to know your opinion about this possible treatment in people with miniaturized or fuzzy hair. I have seen cases that with only dutasteride they have thickened part of their miniaturized hairs. Thanks.
It could thicken existing hairs if they haven't lost more than half their DP cells. Otherwise, just like dutasteride it has to be combined with minoxidil and wounding to make smaller vellus hairs grow.