Kintor Pharma Announces Successful Completion of Phase II Clinical Trial of KX-826 for Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in the US

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Suzhou, May 11, 2023 - Kintor Pharmaceutical Limited (“Kintor Pharma”, HKEX: 9939), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative small molecules and biological therapeutics, announced that the Phase II clinical trial of in-house developed KX-826 for the treatment of male androgenetic alopecia (“Androgenetic Alopecia”) in the US has been completed successfully. The results are statistically and clinically meaningful, and demonstrated a favorable safety profile. The company is preparing for subsequent FDA meetings on the results of the Phase II clinical trial, and intends to commence Phase III clinical trial in the US/globally.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Results are failure. In East Asian males it’s shows significant increase compared to Caucasian males.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Results are failure. In East Asian males it’s shows significant increase compared to Caucasian males.
East Asian males had greater success but the US study showed an increase of about 10 hairs per square centimeter with twice per day application. Not as good as Finasteride but the results are decent.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
East Asian males had greater success but the US study showed an increase of about 10 hairs per square centimeter with twice per day application. Not as good as Finasteride but the results are decent.
It's basically minoxidil but without the massive shed for missing treatment. It is an adjunct treatment. Basically a validated ru58841. But there are still no pictures. No pictures means no results as far as I'm concerned.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride doesn't produce great regrowth pictures either. But it helps the other half of the problem.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was expecting more than 10 hairs per cm2. But we all knew this stuff is mainly for maintenance.

For those starting to bald dutasteride/KX combo will be a killer for hairloss prevention

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was expecting more than 10 hairs per cm2. But we all knew this stuff is mainly for maintenance.

For those starting to bald dutasteride/KX combo will be a killer for hairloss prevention
It's better than finasteride. I don't get the negativity on this forum and reddit. Imo it's amazing coupled with other medicine.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no doubt pyri works, in fact it works wonders for hair, but unfortunately it killed my libido while i was on it, even with micro doses.

had to stop, but i've never tried anything that worked that fast and that well for my hair.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of us who haven't been keeping up, does KX have some kinda mechanism for preventing sides, like CB supposedly getting metabolized into inactive form in blood, or is it just you apply it and hope not too much of it goes systemic?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
We'll need to wait til the publication of the study; there were adverse events, but none that caused anyone to drop out of the trial. We don't know yet what kind of side effects those were.

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no doubt pyri works, in fact it works wonders for hair, but unfortunately it killed my libido while i was on it, even with micro doses.

had to stop, but i've never tried anything that worked that fast and that well for my hair.
can you provide more details?

Dit you also have problems with minoxidil and finasteride?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We'll need to wait til the publication of the study; there were adverse events, but none that caused anyone to drop out of the trial. We don't know yet what kind of side effects those were.

I'm just asking about the theoretical and mechanistic part. Is there some CB-like mechanism where it gets metabolized and inactivated in blood?

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of us who haven't been keeping up, does KX have some kinda mechanism for preventing sides, like CB supposedly getting metabolized into inactive form in blood, or is it just you apply it and hope not too much of it goes systemic?
There is no mechanism to avoid systemic absorption. It stopped my hairloss in 5 days, but after several weeks it destroyed my libido, and also gave me strong heart problems. In my opinion, is more dangerous than finasteride.

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
I came off Finnasteride a few months ago, for the obvious reasons. Is this going to be better? I thought the Chinese results were crap? Or am I thinking of the group-buy guys reporting back?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can it be worse than finasteride?

I'm just saying that Finasteride does not give significant regrowth either.

The 5ar drugs are only good for loss prevention in big picture.

If they were capable of reversing the androgen damage in the follicles then most of us would be out of trouble. We could go a brutal 5ar drug regimen for a few months/years and reverse our hair loss to the point where we didn't even need transplants. Then we could probably maintain that on a pretty low-dose regimen, like a person with genetically decent hair who starts taking Finasteride at a young age.