Key gene 'may reverse hair loss' - BBC.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They said something like it wont be available to the public for at least ten years! WTF!? thats crap!
We should like set up an account or something, and we could all donate money and get everyone else who is balding to donate and get them to hurry the f#ck up with this stuff!
Seriously though, why does this stuff always take so long? It would be better if they said nothing about it, instead of telling us 10 years early. GRRRRRRR!!!!!! Hurry up yas bastards!!!

rant over :hairy:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
yea i just watched the ten o clock news,full of inaccuracies of course

told the presenter he was too bald to consider any of the treatments on the market,when we've all seen successful(even if its the minority) attempts at growing back hair on near slick heads

im sticking to the big three(or the SUPER big three cos foam is just genius! )

then a temple hair transplant and then maybe avodart then HM yup thats my plan

im sure itll all be fine ,yes completely fine.....

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
libertine said:

Yeah, did you hear them claiming it was testosterone that was the main culprit? Sheesh.

G

Stu85 said:
libertine said:

Yeah, did you hear them claiming it was testosterone that was the main culprit? Sheesh.

without testosterone, there is no DHT. so not the direct culprit but certainly a contributor in the line.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Interesting find, however I dont think this mothod will be ready in the next couple years.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
There are too many unknowns to determine this as a "cure." It just opens other avenues for regenerative research. Nobody even knows if the folicles are long-term stable, unaffected by male-pattern baldness, not cancerous, etc. Still, it's interesting work for the future of stem cell research. I'm sure it will be most beneficial to burn victims.