kevis(don't flip out)

viperfish

Reaction score
I was using kevis for 3 months and my hair looked great and scalp felt great. Since then I have switched to the American Crew revitalize stuff, a little cheaper, and my hair looks like sh*t! I'm so pissed right now. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Kevis because it sure made my hair look the best it has looked in a long time. I just received my Folligen today also and don't know if I even want to use it. Anyone had any luck with Revivogen also? I used it for about 5 months and did not really see anything but now I wish I would have stayed on it for at least a year. Thanks for the imput. Right now I'm going the drug-free route and want to stay clear from propecia. So no "just get on propecia comments".

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude,.. just get on,.. err.

At least use spironolactone. You gotta hit the DHT angle for any decent long term success..

I think Bryan said something about synergistic effects with Revivogen and spironolactone.

I havn't heard about this Kevis product before. They have a nice website tho. :D

Aparently Kevis Accelerator (part of the Kevis Hairloss line) "removes [scalp] residue and makes your hair follicles happy." This sounds like a good thing. If my follicles are going to die, I would like to know that at least they died happy.

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Viper....................I tried Kevis a number of years ago and, actually, it did make my scalp feel good and my hair look good. I don't believe that any of the ingredients are bad for your scalp or hair. I do know that some believe the validity of the tests that the company sites are suspect. Also I can say that while I used it I didn't experience any unusual sheds and it did make my hair look good. I found your post when researching the product on this site, as I have been contemplating ordering it again. I found it to be a good scalp and hair conditioner that was not oily or greasy and didn't weigh my hair down.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Viper, getting off revivogen at month five was a knee jerk reaction. I'm at month 10 on revivogen, and I'm nearly at month 6 off finasteride. I can tell you my hair hasn't gotten worse, and if anything, comparing with old pictures, I think my hair my have thickened up a bit, especially up front.
I think my bangs look great now.
If you can deal with spironolactone AND revivogen, that would be a great regimen. I'm just on revivogen and nizoral, but so far so good.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Viper, getting off revivogen at month five was a knee jerk reaction. I'm at month 10 on revivogen, and I'm nearly at month 6 off finasteride. I can tell you my hair hasn't gotten worse, and if anything, comparing with old pictures, I think my hair my have thickened up a bit, especially up front.
I think my bangs look great now.
If you can deal with spironolactone AND revivogen, that would be a great regimen. I'm just on revivogen and nizoral, but so far so good.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what??? viper, u got off revivogen? you were the one who was priasing it for so long and one of reasons why i've started it. i had so much hope in it cause of you. now u have stopped?

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey yarbird, i am trying to get off propecia as well...(i miss being overly sexually active) i am starting out at .5 mgs a day. some questions, did you stop cold turkey? did u have any libido side effects, if so how long till they subsided? i would like to just be using revivogen and nizoral.

viperfish

Reaction score
Wow this was an old post from May. I still am on revivogen, but used it long ago when it first came out (3+ years ago) and stopped using it (I used it for about 4 months though not 5). After I experimented with a few other things I felt that I should have stayed with revivogen because it is the most proven thing I have used besides minoxidil, and finasteride.

Going back to kevis there is some research to support the use of hydraulic acid according to their studies. However, like was said before they are very suspect. They never mention anything about the hairs in the anagen phase, just the telegen phase. Their "hair-pulling methods" to test for hair fall out is kinda strange too.

However, I still say to this date that kevis did improve my hair within the 3 months I was on it. My scalp always felt great, my hair looked really thick and I got compliments all the time! If none of the more proven stuff works out I will go back to this product and say "Fuc" hairloss and just forget about it. At least my hair will look awesome until I do go bald! :D
Kevis just came out with a new product, supposively it is a solution with "dht inhibiting enzymes" within it. Have not been able to find the research involved with this new solution yet.

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to avoid confusion among readers............Kevis contains Hyaluronic acid......NOT hydraulic acid. I don't know if their is such a thing as hydraulic acid, but it sounds like something one might find in an auto parts store.

Hyaluronic acid (I think I'm spelling it right) has recently been touted as having many benefits for the skin. It is being marketed by MANY different companies for various skin conditions. Google it and see. Kevis was touting it's qualities long before these other companies started. It may prove to be useful in the long run. Many substances were touted as being useful prior to being proven as useful via double blind studies. I'd be interested in input from others on what they have heard and read about Hyaluronic acid.

Also, many products contain niacin or variations of it such as nicotinic acid (spell?). I'd be interested in the input of others on the inclusion of these substances in topicals as well.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
hey yarbird, i am trying to get off propecia as well...(i miss being overly sexually active) i am starting out at .5 mgs a day. some questions, did you stop cold turkey? did u have any libido side effects, if so how long till they subsided? i would like to just be using revivogen and nizoral.

First of all, sorry for the misunderstanding, Viper. I was kind of surprised to hear you quit, but now I realize what happened.

Back to Jimmy's question, I wouldn't say I quit finasteride "cold turkey." I got on revivogen for about 4 months before quitting finasteride. I had also experimented with lower dosages of finasteride, but the side effects (erectile dysfuction) continued. I decided in April of to get off of finasteride and use only revivogen and nizoral. I haven't noticed any problems, other than increased shedding which started last january or feb. To be honest I shed a lot until this month, which is a long time....

But the weird thing is, my hair is in good shape, and my shedding is now well in hand. I never panicked about the shedding because my hair *looked* good, and still does. I'm very happy with my results so far with revivogen. After being off of finasteride for six months, I'd expect to see major fall out (and maybe a further receeded hairline) if revivogen wasn't working for me. Comparing my current appearance with pictures from a yr or two yrs ago, I'm really satisfied with where I'm at.

Again, I'm at least as well off as I was before quitting finasteride, *maybe* a little bit better. It's encouraging, IMHO.