Kevin Costner And The Cast Against A Transplant At A Young Age

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This whole post is kind of for me, a guy in his early 30s. Definitely some recession and miniaturization but not aggressive, not severe. I'm sorry to the young sufferers but we exist too. Remember: It's not a competition.

So I've been a huge fan of Westerns all my life and I love Kevin Costner. Recently rewatched some of his work and it just made me realize how openly receding he was during the height of his career and no one really seemed to care. At least I never seemed to notice as a kid because of course he has had great coverage and it only really started showing in his late 30s, early 40s and the guy is incredibly handsome of course.

But it really made me reconsider getting a transplant later in life if I don't really need one. If, say, I can't do finasteride any longer.

kevin_costner_dances_with_wolves_robin_hood_field_of_dreams_split.jpg

Waterworld is probably the most severe case and yes it bombed, but no one would ever honestly make an argument that it's due to his hair.

waterworld.png

4%2C94U6YpHIF+CNCWp4GKnMnkYolD4TQoevtACYGxv3rr6t5nv32EGTV6zGRHbiSj4J6iXr2vhUzGnCwmhp5HRNsQ%3D%3D.jpg

In Open Range he is acting next to Robert Duvall who is sporting the greatest f*****g horseshoe on screen. And you know what? They both exude this rugged masculinity that I strive for. This complete honesty with yourself and the world around you. Trying to live in balance and peace with everyone, fighting for justice.

robert-duvall-and-kevin-costner-during-open-range-hollywood-premiere-picture-id451700541.jpg

a08246d729c8f79358079ee265388224.jpg

Thin long wispy hair covering your recession while not actively hiding it is actually really not the end of the world. I love that quiet confidence. Check out Stephen Colbert doing the same thing here.

costner.jpg

Ironically, Kostner did get a transplant, quite obvious in comparison but he looks absolutely great now even at 65. Of course, this is all an individual track we're on. A case by case study, but this case shows me that playing the long game ain't so bad. Even if your hairloss maybe ages you a bit, maintaining and not chasing a perfect hairline you had at 16 isn't bad. If you're handsome and keep yourself looking sharp, a mature recession can actually look good on you. You know what's bad? Getting a hairband done in the front at 25 when you're NW2-3 which you can never remove without major interventions while trying to fill in the parts behind it.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course having a perfect NW1 hairline isn't a must in order to be good looking. His transplanted hairline gives him a square shaped forehead which is dimorphic. He has a good mature hairline. It's not too high to the point where he looks ridiculous.

He looks like how Bruce Willis was supposed to look imo.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course having a perfect NW1 hairline isn't a must in order to be good looking. His transplanted hairline gives him a square shaped forehead which is dimorphic. He has a good mature hairline. It's not too high to the point where he looks ridiculous.

I was thinking about Willis also heh they kind of resemble and have the same hair, i mean when Bruce had it also

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Agree, it's balanced and a true mature one. Norwood 1-2 is all fine. I like how he handled his hair before the surgery, he didn't go overboard covering it and style it nicely, working with the recession in some of the pictures. Like Colbert that Matt also linked. A mistake at times is combing it down and it just looks ugly, insecure and an obvious combover.